My build so far - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > My build so far

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
Grinder114
1990 XJ Cherokee 

My build so far

hey guys, so im pretty new to the jeep world. iv posted here in the forums a couple times asking some questions. these forums have really helped me learn alot about jeeps and a big thanks to the guys that help everyone out on here. i figured i would share my project because i dont have alot of jeep friends to talk to about it lol.

so i bought a 1990 cherokee a couple years back. drove it for about a year without doing any upgrades or taking it offroad and then the piston rings decided to go on me.

i wasnt ready to give up on her so i decided to get the engine rebuilt. im not here to talk about what i spent on her because it was probably too much lol but im really happy with where its at and i think when all is said and done il have something i can enjoy on the beach and in the woods for the next 10 years. (iv only been doing mechanic work for about 6 months so if i sound like a newbie its because i am lol.

most of the work done so far has been mechanical so the pictures i post are more to show the before pictures of the cosmetics i plan on doing.

list of what i have done so far
engine rebuild with 30 over bore
new water pump and thermostat
used crank positions sensor
new battery cables
new tranny line
heater hoses and valve
new vacuum lines
brake hardware kit
rear wheel cylinders
new master cylinder
new power break boost
new alternator
new starter
new power steering pump
used throttle body
new fuel pressure regulator
new tail pipe and clamps

custom work
cooling system conversion to an open system
AC fan wired to a new interior switch (ac doesnt work and idk if i care enough to fix it, might convert the ac to and air compressor, seems like a cool and cheap project.)
used gauge cluster with an rpm gauge(my original didnt have an rpm gauge)
green LED lights in all interior lights(gauge cluster, all switches, clock, seatbelt light panel, 4x4 shifter, regular shifter, dome lights, floor lights, glove box, cigar lighter.)

Only pick i have of the engine before it was rebuilt.

upload gambar

image hosting

jpg images

adult image

Grinder114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Grinder114
1990 XJ Cherokee 

image hosting free

upload photos

free image upload

took all of the trim off, on the passengar side there was bondo on the doors that i didnt kno about and it came off with the trim.

upload images free

online photo sharing

i have a few plans for the exterior. first thing is to get rid of all the chrome. i have a parts truck im getting a hood and the doors off of. the doors have rust on the bottom from bad trim/rubber so new ones are needed anyway. all these parts are green so after i do the swaps i will do some sort of paint job. im gunna keep it black but im going to have lime green accents, like the door handles, wipers, all the cherokee/4x4/pioneer logos. the rims will also be black with green in them.

also planning on a 3 inch lift. and removing the fender flares.

Last edited by Grinder114; 08-15-2014 at 04:00 PM..
Unread 08-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Grinder114
1990 XJ Cherokee 

free upload

online photo sharing

image hosting 10mb limit

i have some plans for upgrading the interior. i plan to gut the whole interior. im going to take up the carpet and if there is any rust i will fix it (shouldnt be much) and lay new carpet down. im going to vinyl paint all the interior plastics. also need a new driver seat. i wanna make a custom panel for a 10" sub in the back passenger quarter panel. one of my rear hatch speakers doesnt work so ima have to wire that when i install the system and redo the interior.

im really happy with the LED lights i put inside. i feel like it really gives it a cool look. wasnt an expensive project and wasnt incredibly long either. hardest part was figuring out what bulbs i needed for everything so if you need a list of whats need just ask.

Last edited by Grinder114; 08-15-2014 at 04:10 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.