5spd
2dr

See less See more
#2 ·
Next up Was a trip to the junkyard

My pickings...
99 Intake manifold and p/s pump off a WJ

S10 leaf springs and a spare front driveshaft

i also grabbed a set of brand new 2010 Rubicon shocks from the shop (only 20 miles on them)

#3 ·
99 intake install
oldness

oldness removed

side by side

installed

i removed the upper idler pulley and had to trim the timing sight on the timing cover

#4 ·
Time for the lift!

picked up some Rustys 4.5" coils and got to work
-made the bastard pack
-removed the sway bars
-made my BPE's and installed my JK rubicon shocks
-did a tc drop (more info on this later)

dont mind the exhaust, it has since been replaced

some flex shots right after. the rear leafs have softened up after driving some the the backend now flexes better than in the pictures

full compression

#5 ·
next, modified my hinges and made my doors removable.

#6 ·
i picked up a set of 31/10.5/16 mud terrains and a set of 4 16's off of a JK along with a set of wheel adapters to run the 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

also i trimmed the front fender near the bumper to clean up the look some

#7 ·
i just picked up a 91 2 door 5spd xj. except i had to do a lot more engine work because the person who had it before decided to not maintain it AT ALL.

I only got a 3" Rusty's lift though, i was going for the 4.5" but my dad talked me out of it...might still get some 1.5" shackles and spacers though.

Looks good!

#9 ·
thanks, the 31's are only temporary till i build an 8.8 up and build the front up...then i will be going with 35's

#8 ·
and i mounted up half my kayak rack, i still need to modify the rear to work right.

#10 ·
i then removed the TC drop and modified the factory crossmember to have an internal Drop on 1.5's so i wouldnt loose any ground clearance.

#11 ·
and then it was off to Jeep Beach in Daytona!

#12 ·
installed some KC's

#13 ·
installed rear JK control arms for my LCA's

#14 ·
installed YJ steering and began my floor repair

getting rid of all the rust so that i can bedline my floor

still some more to do

#15 ·
and here is how it currently sits as of the weekend.

#17 ·
eh, i will be building or buying some sort of winch bumper eventually.

although the bumper that is on it now is pretty sturdy, its just not my style and i have no way to mount a winch to it

#19 ·
they are longer and offer a little more droop than the stock arms

#20 ·
installed my rustys adjustable trac bar today....after some "massaging"

#24 ·
they didnt cost me anything since they were take-offs from a 2010 rubicon we built. but ive heard of them being sold for like 50 on ebay

#25 ·
so ive been a little lazy in finishing my floor. well i finally got around to cutting and welding the last piece in. so next i need to buy a couple gallons of bedliner and start spraying my floorboards.

#26 ·
got around to spraying to floorboards yesterday. i think it turned out alright, and i only used about a gallon and a half. so i still have a half gallon left to spray some other misc things (door jambs, rockers, fender flairs)

before, after a few painful hours of gutting and prepping the interior.

after.

stuff a little more shiny than the material im used to spraying. but i think ill be fine with it.

and some urban wheeling at the shop...lol

#27 ·
the bedliner looks great!
Just a question: The JK shocks and control arms, did they just bolt up? and how do the shocks feel? I'm about to install my RC lift, and I'm afraid I will wanna switch out the shocks.

#29 ·
the rear shocks just bolt up, but the fronts you need to either press in a bar pin or use a BPE. they feel a little stiff but otherwise ride fine. and the JK control arms just bolt up.

#31 ·
a little chop chop and some spraying. bye bye fender flairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.