My 1995 $400 Expense - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > My 1995 $400 Expense

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
meadz
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsvallette View Post
I have a few rusted out floor spots in my back seat area but I can stand in the areas and don't even go through. Also my rockers are rusted out. Depending on summer funds I may try to get new rockers installed along with some floor patching. I also need to replace my u joint for my front right wheel. You can really notice it when your in 4wd turning.

Currently I need to run in 4wd do to some major noise/rattle when in 2wd. When I pooped it in 4wd high the noise when away. Any possible fixes DIY for this?

Its nice to see other people from the same areas on forums like this.
Sounds like what is going on with mine. I did my lift and thought 4x4 was engaged fully, but when I gave it gass a bunch of clunking, now when im in 2wd it clicks like i have a barb on the splines in the axle it doesnt do it when in 4x4. Im gonna pull it apart soon and see if it can be ground or if i have to replace parts. Will let ya know whats up when I get around to doing it.

meadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I will be very greatfull when you reply to this with your info about yours. I have not done any lifting to mine yet but I will in the near future.

Im still working on my doom light electronic part. I almost just drilled a hole in my 98 doom light houser but decided not to do it. I am now going to search for the pcb pins for the 95 and 98, I should be able to find them using google but then again I am having issues with looking for the electronic wiring for the 98. I currently have the 95 I got for free using google but the 98 I am having issues. Any and all help will be greatfull.

95 Build/Rebuild
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/my-1995-400-expense-948376/
tsvallette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #18
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I finally made up my mind on what I should do and decided to just modify the 95 compass pcb to fit in the 98 dome light houser. I should have done this yesturday but I done it this morning. Somehow I misplaced my 95 wiring harness. Its in this house somewhere.... if its not one thing then its another.

95 Build/Rebuild
Unread 03-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #19
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ill try to add some pictures of what I am I have done with some before pics next to the newer style pics. Since I have most of my interior torn apart I am going to hit up some salvage yards to see about some other electrical interior parts.

Has anyone solved the 98 Center Console E-Brake relocation issue? Since my E-Brake doesnt work correctly could I remove it and have no issues (until I REALLY need it). I have found a front header to replace mine but its located a little to far north for me. It would cost as much if not more to drive up there versus buying a new aftermarket one off of ebay.

95 Build/Rebuild
Unread 03-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #20
meadz
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsvallette View Post
Ill try to add some pictures of what I am I have done with some before pics next to the newer style pics. Since I have most of my interior torn apart I am going to hit up some salvage yards to see about some other electrical interior parts.

Has anyone solved the 98 Center Console E-Brake relocation issue? Since my E-Brake doesnt work correctly could I remove it and have no issues (until I REALLY need it). I have found a front header to replace mine but its located a little to far north for me. It would cost as much if not more to drive up there versus buying a new aftermarket one off of ebay.
where are you I just found a guy with a perfect header panel in richmond just east of prot huron. let me know I can put you in contact with him.
Unread 03-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #21
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

A little town called Hersey, 49639.

95 Build/Rebuild
Unread 03-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #22
meadz
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah thats prolly a little far for ya. your out there!! Any good places to wheel around ya I usually hit the pine river every year gonna take the jeep this year and try and find some trails.
Unread 03-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #23
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Theres a couple in this are, two of which are about 5-10 miles done the road due east. I will be hitting these as soon as I can get my 4wd to work correctly.

95 Build/Rebuild
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #24
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Here is a updated thread that I started a few months back but never updated this one. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/o...le-tc-1020826/

Currently I am installing my 98 dashboard and only came across a couple of issues that was easily resolved. Now I need to working on remounting my steering wheel since the original was getting in the way.

To install the 98 into my 95, I had to remove the lower dash board mounts, the ones that mounted to the chassis near the doors. There are pre-drilled holes right above these ones that need to be enlarged and then I just cut notches out to these holes so that the dash can mount like original (slide and tighten down,) now the dash mounts perfectly. I had to drill a few holes to align the upper dash on the metal ledge no big deal and I also had to cut off two tabs that supported the dash in the 98 thats not needed in the 95.

Now I need to work on the dash vent. The lower that words the front vents is perfect but the windshield vent Is not perfectly aligned but very close, only 1/4 inch off. Since I need to take out the dash I will be posting some pics. So far all of this is with the steering column still installed!

95 Build/Rebuild
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #25
lowicz96
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I love cheap jeeps being brought back to life. I bought mine for 500 in knoxville, TN and hauled it back to MI. I love southern cars because of the lack of rust!

Have you looked on greatlakes4x4 and craigslist for a t-case. Ive bought and sold t-case's for $100 on those sites and this one.

88' Cherokee Limited - RIP

Sold - 96' Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2 Door, AW4, NP242, Its the girlfriends now!!
lowicz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #26
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yah that's where I have been getting my all of my information but I couldn't pass up a $50 tc that was only 12miles away. I have a chain on eBay that's only $40 with free shipping that I will be ordering here in a few days. The more I think about it I want to just ordering right now but with my funding issues I cant really afford it till this coming weekend.

95 Build/Rebuild
Unread 06-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #27
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Here is a forsale link to the parts I am will can sell from my Jeep while I convert my interior: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/...4/#post9606219

95 Build/Rebuild
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #28
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, here's an update to my PITA Heep! So I have not been able to drive it for a good 6 or so months due to a gas tank leak and a sever TC knock. I just replaced my Gas Tank with minor difficulities and now I am attacking my TC replacement. I replaced the chain in my replacement TC and have it all ready to be installed, now I am trying to take out my original TC. HOLY **** is it a PAIN IN THE ***!!!! I have went through 4 lights bulbs, 3 cuts to my hands, and very little access to my rear nuts on the TC/Tranny. I can see 4 of the 6 but only have enough room to get ahold of 1. I have been able to remove the Drive Shafts, all electical connects, TC engage linkage, and a hose... Is there any more connections that I need to look for? Time to call it a night before I really start wrecking my hands and fingers!

95 Build/Rebuild
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #29
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have to get the kids ready for school, so I don't have time to read through the whole thing right now, but here is a "How To" for you to take a look at. Hope it helps

http://www.4x4xplor.com/trannyservice.html
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #30
RoamFreely

Its a little rough looking, but hell for the price you payed as long as the motor and drivetrain is good....I say good buy....

Rich
(o)_)=o=)_ (o)_)=o=)_)
RoamFreely is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.