My 01 classic build thread/Collection of pics - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > My 01 classic build thread/Collection of pics

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #121
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well i received my trans skid took a total of 10 mins to install i really don't like the mounting system used so i am gonna get some self tappers.

01ClassicXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #122
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

starting to be a fun toy agian, ill be in your neck of the woods on friday
Unread 10-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #123
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000BB6 View Post
starting to be a fun toy agian, ill be in your neck of the woods on friday
Yea it is i just got a job only took 4 months to find one since graduation college so this should pick up a little more. And where you gonna be in my neck of the woods tomorrow i will be bringing my tool box to work.
Unread 10-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #124
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

sorry man plan was changed lol me and the GF decided to go to rutgers

(we wanted to go apple/pumpkin picking on rt.211)
Unread 11-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #125
MCObray

Any updates?
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #126
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
Any updates?
Not really my gas tank skid is still sitting in the garage and my GF's car died so she is driving the jeep. and i have been driving my car to work since it's a 60 mile round trip that i make 6 days a week for the next month or so.

My short term plan is to get my skid on and around xmas and wanna pull the head and do lifters and push rods in the jeep then have gotten really noisy.
Unread 11-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #127
WarEagleXJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Very very nice Jeep! What beach is that one page 3?

EDIT: I just noticed your OBX sticker! So I bet that's same beach I took mine to twice this week! Love it here. Parents live in Southern Shores.
WarEagleXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #128
jackdup
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hey man nice progress so far..i was wondering where you got your oem gas tank skid for 35 bucks new? did you order it from somewhere or was that a craigslist buy?
jackdup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #129
EdgarS
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry for the late question but where the 784 comes from? (i mean waht car are they originally from?) are they plug and play?
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #130
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleXJ View Post
Very very nice Jeep! What beach is that one page 3?

EDIT: I just noticed your OBX sticker! So I bet that's same beach I took mine to twice this week! Love it here. Parents live in Southern Shores.
Yea some pics are from one island and the others are from the main island right at the very first 4x4 access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdup View Post
hey man nice progress so far..i was wondering where you got your oem gas tank skid for 35 bucks new? did you order it from somewhere or was that a craigslist buy?
The trans skid was new it was a ebay find and the gas tank was used but had never seen a trail in it's life and came from flordia also an ebay find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarS View Post
Sorry for the late question but where the 784 comes from? (i mean waht car are they originally from?) are they plug and play?
They are plug and play some neon 2.4 had then and intrepids with they V6 can't remember off hand what year there is a guy over on cherokeeforum that sell them in sets.
Unread 12-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #131
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Time a little update.
My moms car is at subaru so in the mean time she is driving my jeep and she left the hatch open all night and killed my battery it dropped below freezeing while dead and froze the battery.

SO i went to autozone and i know the manager so he took my autozone battery back and gave me a yellow top optimum for 60 bucks.
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #132
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01ClassicXJ View Post
Time a little update.
My moms car is at subaru so in the mean time she is driving my jeep and she left the hatch open all night and killed my battery it dropped below freezeing while dead and froze the battery.

SO i went to autozone and i know the manager so he took my autozone battery back and gave me a yellow top optimum for 60 bucks.
That sucks about your hatch being left open but good about the yellow top. I have one and love it. I could probably jump start a car with all my lights on and my stereo running full blast. My old battery could barely crank the engine over on cold mornings.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #133
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
That sucks about your hatch being left open but good about the yellow top. I have one and love it. I could probably jump start a car with all my lights on and my stereo running full blast. My old battery could barely crank the engine over on cold mornings.
The Duralast battery never had a cranking problem but it's just nice to have an optimum plus my mom paid for it since she killed the battery.

For Xmas my lovely GF bought me an IRO 2.5" cat back with the pro flow muffler and high flow cat. Had to take advantage of that free shipping deal they have going on.
Unread 12-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #134
DKDunn04
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I am very jelous, I always wanted a white XJ.
DKDunn04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #135
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDunn04 View Post
I am very jelous, I always wanted a white XJ.
To tell you the truth i really miss my Patriot Blue one i really liked that color alot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.