Muddy97Cherokee's Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Muddy97Cherokee's Build Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #106
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Fixed my hub assembly the other day. Did all 4 ball joints as well. Also got 2 almost new knuckles off of my buddy that also had the ZJ tie rod. Now there are really no more noises that I should be worrying about.

But there is something causing my jeep to misfire when I floor it. Have to figure that out and buy new shocks and I should be good to go to finally go wheeling with my long arms.

BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #107
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just ordered my shocks. Bilstien 5100's. Figured when it comes to shocks I'll get quality ones. But damn, they take a pretty penny to own. I guess the lifetime warranty is nice. Few other things that I noticed is that I have a exhaust leak near the manifold and somewhere near my cat. So I may be soon getting a high flow cat and maybe a new upgraded header. Kinda sucks that my funds are dwindling. Damn you college!!!!
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #108
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Got the Bilstiens on and what a difference they are. It doesn't feel like I drive a lifted jeep anymore. I'll snap some pics soon. Now I can fully wheel my jeep with nothing limiting me.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #109
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

The shocks should really help Muddy. Post a few pictures for us. I'm sure it looks great.
AKIQPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #110
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Since I did some updates to the jeep, nothing major, I thought I would update. Finally fixed my flare brackets to put the flares back on. Put the bumper caps back on to.

Also picked up some tires for free .99. They have 100% tread.

Going to get those mounted tomorrow and have to figure out my brake line issues before going wheeling on the 12th.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #111
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

How did you get those for free? Are you a wizard?
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #112
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
How did you get those for free? Are you a wizard?
I honestly don't know. One of my brothers buddies had them in his garage and asked if I wanted them. I personally know him but not well enough to get more than $500 worth of tires. But I am not complaining. I wish they were 33's but 31's will do. At least it's a better gripping tire with a mean tread pattern. Still need to mount them though. No place wants to align them for me since I drive a lifted vehicle. And I really don't want to spend a fortune aligning them at 4 wheel parts or another offroad place. May end up mounting and balancing them somewhere then do a driveway alignment.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #113
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

dam son! those are super duper clean love em' you smashed on the jeep son! any complaints on the IRO long arms? let see this BILS
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #114
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Build looks good man! Cant beat free Claws. Ran a set several years ago, roadwear was pretty poor but liked em otherwise.

You need to get some wheeling in and keep doing COTM, this thing is coming along nice!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #115
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

For sure Muddy, your XJ is looking good. Nice score on the tires.

Love the old LT500r. Those old Quadzillas were awesome back in the day. My brother had and '88. Man did that thing have some torque.
AKIQPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #116
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07 View Post
dam son! those are super duper clean love em' you smashed on the jeep son! any complaints on the IRO long arms? let see this BILS
The IRO long arms are great. They improved the ride so much over short arms, really any long arm will. IRO's caster adjustment has held up great compared to all the complaints it was getting on forums, mainly by people who didn't have IRO long arms. The only thing that I have yet to do to finish with the long arms are to fix the third hole in the frame rails that hold the arms. Mine were stripped out so I have to replace them like I previously did when I broke all the bolts doing a t-case drop. It has been fine with just the 4 bolts holding it up. I have even been wheeling with it like that and it holds just fine.
I keep forgetting to get pics of the bilsteins. I could just go out and take a pic of them but I want to get a flexing pic with them. Not too often are bilsteins used for long suspension set ups but these work great for me. Also gives a ride that is unbeatable. Comparable to a regular vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Build looks good man! Cant beat free Claws. Ran a set several years ago, roadwear was pretty poor but liked em otherwise.

You need to get some wheeling in and keep doing COTM, this thing is coming along nice!
I couldn't believe that he wanted to give me them for free. His neighbor was going to give him money for them but he knew that they would just sit in his garage. He's a super laid back guy and very courteous.
I am not looking to really get the max life out of these tires, just want to get by until next summer when I can get my 33's.

Next week is a big wheeling event at a place that has rocks and such. I am super pumped for it. Bad part is that it's a little over 3 hours away. But I will finally be able to put my long arms to the test. Kinda wish i had a locker though. Buddy has one he is selling but I don't have the cash to buy it. Don't think I will be in time for Octobers COTM bit I will be ready for November!

Next summer the build should pick up again since college will be out for summer break and I will have an income again. That is until college starts back up in late August. Its time for accessories after doing all these suspension mods though. Need bumpers and all those other expensive things now.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #117
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
For sure Muddy, your XJ is looking good. Nice score on the tires.

Love the old LT500r. Those old Quadzillas were awesome back in the day. My brother had and '88. Man did that thing have some torque.
Haha, you noticed the Quadzilla. Things a beast and hard to stay on. Good ol' two stroke that takes 10 minutes to start. Thing is bored over and goes like a bat out of hell. Fastest 4 wheeler I have ever driven no doubt. Never actually measured how fast it will go but it hauls ***. Definitely over 60+ mph. I would say close to 80mph or over. It's out of commission right now with a bent rim after it sent me into a fence. Luckily I bailed off the back before it hit so I made it through fine. One of the scariest things I will ever drive I am sure.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #118
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

So are these good pics for the Bilsteins? lol

I have a video of rocking the jeep. Don't know the easiest way to post it but if you want it I can post it. This ditch is one hell of a ditch. It was scary entering it. I was surprised that my A/T's actually made all the mud look like nothing when going through it to get up the other side. Once I was finished with the pics I pulled forward until I lost traction when my rear tire hit the water. Put it in reverse and back up a little to straighten it out along the creek but once I did that I went too far. Almost tore my axle out from underneath the jeep. My buddies were telling me that the rear tire was damn near under the rear passenger door. Had to get pulled to the side of the ditch a little so i could straighten out the jeep to be parallel with the ditch. Once we did that i just backed right out. These A/T's have kept proving themselves over and over again and I am happy with them. But the Baja claws need to go on! Only reason I did this was to test out my new brake lines that I had put on earlier. lol.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #119
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Got the Baja Claws on!

BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 10-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #120
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

The new tites look good. Your jeep flexes like a mofo!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.