Muddy97Cherokee's Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Muddy97Cherokee's Build Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #61
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just ordered my new parts to redo my lift!!!!! Super happy that I am getting rid of the crappy ride I have now! Pics to come when the parts come in and when installed. Until then you will have to wait to see what I got!

BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #62
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

sweet! if you happen to end up with a decent pair of lower control arms holler at me! I need some bad.
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #63
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Time to update the ol' build thread. Forgot to mention on here when it happened but earlier in June I found out that my detent, throttle valve, kickdown, whatever you want to call it cable started to fray and almost tore while in the jeep.

That problem finally got fixed last week and it was not fun. I am not a fan of opening up the transmission to fix something. Hopefully I don;t have to get under neath there again.

After that was fixed I waited on my new parts to to get here and some of them did

Shackle relocaters, adjustable shackles and a new rear brake line. Still waiting on my leaf springs from JeepinOutfitters. I ordered them last Friday and still haven't got them. Guessing its an in stock issue since my order status still says paid instead of shipped. I am waiting till I get the leafs to redo the entire rear. Hopefully the rubicon shocks I have on now will allow me to put everything on till I can figure out and buy new shocks. Also hope that my 2" T-case drop lets me drive it without any major vibes until an SYE.

The boss gave me the entire 4th weekend off so it was a 4 day weekend for me. Partied Thursday, Friday and went wheeling Yesterday! A new park recently opened up and one of my local groups had a trip to go out there and I went with them. It was a ton of fun and more difficult than what I have done before. For you Oklahoma jeepers the place is called Backwoods Offroad in Hydro, Oklahoma. Anyway here are some pics!

This trip was the first time my rig was somewhat challenged. And the first time I ripped both flares off. Tires bent up the fenders a little and they are going to need to be bent back out. Other than that there were no other broken parts or things falling off luckily. Check out my Youtube channel and videos that I get from inside the jeep!http://www.youtube.com/user/ZackHstadt
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #64
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Dem dunes
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #65
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Dem dunes
Those little mogul things that I was flexing and driving on?

Things seem to be just falling off my jeep lately!

Since I didn't want to put the flares back on today i took the rusty brackets off and broke every single bolt on them but I am fine with that. Bent the fenders back to almost being straight to the best of my ability. Took the endcaps off because it looked dumb with them on with no flares. Tried taking that air dam off but couldn't with my front skid attached and I didn't feel like taking that off since its a pain.

Also checked out JeepinOutfitters again and now it says that it was shipped out on the 3rd and UPS says it should be here tomorrow!

Too bad my Boss told me we will be working about 60 hours in the next 4 days and probably working Saturday so don't think I will have time to put everything on this weekend like I wanted. But Friday is payday so I have something to look forward to!
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #66
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

sweet spot! gonna have to check that one out.
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #67
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

What did you else did you all order?
Built Not Bought #704
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #68
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
What did you else did you all order?
So far I got the relocators, shackles, brake line, and OEM bushings. Turns out UPS lied on the pic I took of it. That was only for the bushings, only 1 not 2 items I was looking for. I should be getting my 3.5" Old Man Emu leaf springs tomorrow and that will be the last piece of the puzzle for the rear. All that will be put on this next weekend hopefully. Once that is on I will have to flex it out to see what I need for shocks. Buy them and get started on the front. Already got the WJ steering upgrade planned out, just have to go get the parts from the JY. Ordering the coils soon and all those miscellaneous parts that are needed also. After that it should be time for a SYE. Then I will go from there.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #69
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

please don't buy white shocks.

Where are you getting the coils from? EMU?
Built Not Bought #704
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #70
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
please don't buy white shocks.

Where are you getting the coils from? EMU?
Might get bilstiens if they fit what I need. If not then some nitrogen charged ones that will fit.

Probably going to get Rubicon Express coils or some other that will ride and flex good.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #71
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
Might get bilstiens if they fit what I need. If not then some nitrogen charged ones that will fit.

Probably going to get Rubicon Express coils or some other that will ride and flex good.
Just making sure you weren't going to get RC ones lol.

RE would be my recommendation, also Bilsteins or FOX if you can afford 'em
Built Not Bought #704
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #72
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Hmmmm. SYE may be coming sooner than I thought. Serious Offroad is having a sale on the 231 SYE for 150. Thinking about buying it.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #73
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Woohoo!! Finally got my leafs! Going to put them and the other parts on this weekend unless i run into a problem with the Tcase and vibes. I really don't want to mess with the SYE right now but if I have to then I will. Guess I better order it and get a front driveshaft to be ready if I do. That may put a hold on the front.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #74
XJAbuzer
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So, are we actually going to see you working on something at Brian's now instead of standing back watching?

My Youtube Channel

1979 CJ-5 304 V-8, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear, Sold

Anyways, I wanna go wheelin'!
XJAbuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #75
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJAbuzer View Post
So, are we actually going to see you working on something at Brian's now instead of standing back watching?
Hell no, I will boss Brian to do it all! Just kiddin'. I always do my own work on my jeep. Like I said before I give a hand where a hand is needed.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.