Muddy97Cherokee's Build Thread - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Muddy97Cherokee's Build Thread

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 03-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #166
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Nice on the cleanup! I find that when I get mine muddy it takes 3 or 4 washes before it even starts getting real clean again. Mud finds the craziest places to gather lol.
I went around my jeep twice to get the mud off. Then took a scrub broom to remove the stains then hand washed it. And I'm still finding some mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
How long did it take to clean?
Um, I would say around 4 hours.

Still haven't got to the inside yet. I'm procrastinating since it's around 35 degrees outside. It was 60 yesterday.

BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #167
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

definitely some good ole Oklahoma red clay boy! that **** is slick snot on a bull frogs head, and stains like a S>O>B! very nicely done on getting it all cleaned up.
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #168
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07 View Post
definitely some good ole Oklahoma red clay boy! that **** is slick snot on a bull frogs head, and stains like a S>O>B! very nicely done on getting it all cleaned up.
You know it! Only Oklahomans know true Oklahoma mud!

Cleaned up the inside a little after I posted. Didn't completely clean it but got enough so I don't get dirty or dusty in my good clothes. And my passengers are happy that I cleaned the inside.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 03-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #169
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nice! keep it looking good my friend you're doing great. So seems the IRO long arms are still holding up well? any binds or issues come out of them yet? i figured you gave those arms a run for there money! if something was going to fail it should have happened during all that mud and the climb.
Unread 03-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #170
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07 View Post
nice! keep it looking good my friend you're doing great. So seems the IRO long arms are still holding up well? any binds or issues come out of them yet? i figured you gave those arms a run for there money! if something was going to fail it should have happened during all that mud and the climb.
Yup, IRO long arms are still holding up great. I actually bounced my jeep pretty hard when I went wheeling. Should be a video on my YouTube channel showing some of the bouncing. I have yet to have any problems with them. No loose bolts or anything. No problems with my IRO track bar either. Really no problems with anything I upgraded.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 03-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #171
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nice! i like their track bar, and the long arms.
Unread 03-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #172
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Lmao ... I think that is the dirrtyist I have ever seen a jeep. 5 years from now your still going to be finding mud ..lol .. You are true to your name :-) .. Love your xj man ... It's just got this hard core look :-)
Unread 03-12-2014, 02:54 AM   #173
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Lmao ... I think that is the dirrtyist I have ever seen a jeep. 5 years from now your still going to be finding mud ..lol .. You are true to your name :-) .. Love your xj man ... It's just got this hard core look :-)
Every time I spot mud that made it threw my wash I knock it off. I surprisingly got most of the mud the first time.
My jeeps look will drastically be changed this summer. Bumpers, flares, bigger tires. It'll look more hard core than what it is now.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 03-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #174
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Finally got around to taking some pics off of the videos I got when I went wheeling 2 weeks ago. Here are just a few.

BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #175
rubiprime

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
Finally got around to taking some pics off of the videos I got when I went wheeling 2 weeks ago. Here are just a few.
Very nice. Looks like a lot of fun.
rubiprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #176
Muddblood
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You know it! Only Oklahomans know true Oklahoma mud!
Mud is mud and every state has it's "own" mud. NC had a similar red clay mud that was claimed only NC had. CO mud is much different..black and thick and SUPER sticky and locals call it CO mud. But yeah, any way you look at it, cleaning a muddy vehicle SUCKS!! Carwashes here (Golden, CO) post signs that say no muddy vehicles. I am like, "you could make A TON of money letting muddy vehicles be washed." Oh well.
Muddblood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2014, 07:07 PM   #177
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Got bored today so I sketched my future bumper. I plan on building it this summer along with sliders, a rear tire carrier, and tube flares.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 04-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #178
martinfan
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Got bored today so I sketched my future bumper. I plan on building it this summer along with sliders, a rear tire carrier, and tube flares.
I like it and there is a lot to be said about making it yourself. Please post pics of the building process. Have you seen TrailReady Bumpers?
martinfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #179
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinfan View Post

I like it and there is a lot to be said about making it yourself. Please post pics of the building process. Have you seen TrailReady Bumpers?
Ya, that is the bumper I'm wanting. But for $1100 I could build that bumper 3-4 times or have it built twice by someone else for that much.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #180
Teej
Brandon <3's Alcohol

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
That bumper looks good! Only thing I can think is if those tubes are to scale, that bumper is going to be really damn heavy.

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.