MPG question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > MPG question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
RABBIDCOW55
1999 XJ Cherokee 

MPG question

I recently bought a 99 xj with a 4" rear lift and mild spring spacers up front. It has 31x10.5 tires all the way around and runs as smooth as butter. I replaced plugs and air filter, changed oil in engine and transmission, checked tire pressures and drove it 2500 miles from Boston to Utah. I had a small canoe strapped on top and a few light boxes and a suitcase. On average I was getting about 17 mpg doing no faster than a gps verified 65mph.
I have an obd2 code scanner linked to my phone that would periodically read off high voltage to an o2 sensor that when I cleard, I would get about 20 mpg. I was just wondering what kind of mileage everybody here is getting. I know I still need to seafoam the motor but I was using fuel injection cleaner throughout. Let me know, Thanks all

RABBIDCOW55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Use the search function. There are literally hundreds of threads on this.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.