MPG question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > MPG question

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
RABBIDCOW55
1999 XJ Cherokee 

MPG question

I recently bought a 99 xj with a 4" rear lift and mild spring spacers up front. It has 31x10.5 tires all the way around and runs as smooth as butter. I replaced plugs and air filter, changed oil in engine and transmission, checked tire pressures and drove it 2500 miles from Boston to Utah. I had a small canoe strapped on top and a few light boxes and a suitcase. On average I was getting about 17 mpg doing no faster than a gps verified 65mph.
I have an obd2 code scanner linked to my phone that would periodically read off high voltage to an o2 sensor that when I cleard, I would get about 20 mpg. I was just wondering what kind of mileage everybody here is getting. I know I still need to seafoam the motor but I was using fuel injection cleaner throughout. Let me know, Thanks all

RABBIDCOW55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Use the search function. There are literally hundreds of threads on this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.