Mounting Shocks Question..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Mounting Shocks Question.....

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Mounting Shocks Question.....

I have always wondered this. What makes a shock to be able to be mounted upside down? I understand that Bilstein 5150's have the reservoir, but as far has the RE monotubes and the PC MX6. I mean can you mount a regular twin tube shock upside down?

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

depends on the shock. theyre marked with orientation. i've noticed cheap shocks usually mount can down, better ones mount can up- of course thats for the rear of an XJ. all the shocks with a stem mount for the front go can up.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Well i have the JKS shock conversion and BPE, so i use 4 eye to eye shocks, was just wondering if it would harm anything if i mount my shocks (rustys) upside down. I just like the look better.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

besides them leaking out everywhere and you effectively killing the shocks, no.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.