Mountain Biking Cherokee Owners... whats your ride? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Mountain Biking Cherokee Owners... whats your ride?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-20-2009, 12:57 AM   #76
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds great man...
Yeah I miss the un-interrupted seat post fun. My shore (and all Shores) suffer from the dreaded (by me) telescopic seat post action. My bike pedals up OK for a Shore, will definitely PM you next time I am in NV with the bike/Jeep. My father in law lives in Deep Cove, so I am out the Seymour way a lot.

We actually rode with all of the Banshee dudes a few times, they gave us the "tour" of the shore one weekend with Noel and crew from Knolly... good times, and a great scene over there.

North Shore Bred bikes FTW!!!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #77
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyohn View Post
i dont have a picture of my bike but its a Giant Warp DS2. it has a Marzzochi front fork on it with 160mm disc brakes. its kinda heavy for a full suspension but for 700 bucks about 5 years ago it was a steal.
yeaaaa giant warp! i just put a raceface ride xc crank/bb on my DS1 and it lost literally 3 or 4 lbs. the stock bottom bracket is JUNK. external bearings ftw! the bike is much faster now- put on some azonic platforms too. it is now officially running 0 stock parts except for the frame.

however, the bike has been seeing more time on the subie lately

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #78
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Im bumping this because im going to be picking up my bike from home this weekend. Its an 03 (i think) haro X1. Full suspension, disc brakes, etc. I havent really ridden it in a few years and I am hoping to get back into it.

So lets see some more pics!

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #79
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

here is my bike... 06 kona stinky... ITS FOR SALE!!! send me a PM if u want some info and pics on it.

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #80
silver60th
2001 XJ Cherokee 

All right, I'll play:

I have a converted single speed Giant ATX 760. Sweet old bike that made for a wonderful SS.
Shimano STX RC groupo, Rock Shox something or another fork. Cheap fun!

And yes, since the picture was taken I have stripped the reflectors and the ghetto plastic spoke guard. And added some Shimano clip-in pedals and a bashguard.

silver60th is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #81
willcherokeexj
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have an old trek antelope 800

2014 JK - Willy's Wheeler Edition
willcherokeexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #82
XJMilan

07? 08? Rockhopper Comp. This is right after I bought her. Don't mind my cluster f*** of crap, I was moving things around at the time.

XJMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #83
cory4um
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Very nice you all. Im jealous.

Im rockin the 2008? $400 Mongoose XR-Comp from walmart.lol

Sad to say, but it probably sees more dirt than yours.
I ride at least twice a week (weather permitting) if not more. Last friday i was up Ontario County Park in NY, it was cool, will be going back in the spring. Yesterday I was at Blue Marsh Lake near Reading, Pa. Its not technical but the 30 miles is enduring.

I have some nice trails around my house that i usually hit up everyday, not very challenging but do it for the workout. Some single track around but was built for dirtbikes, so that really gets rutted and all.

I stole this bike from my dad who bought it on sale, and I got into the sport by accident. I figured it would help keep my legs in shape for snowboarding, turns out i like it and plan on buying a better bike, or building up on the mongoose frame. The mongoose surprisingly held up with the abuse and neglect i put it thru, only thing i see needing replacing is the bottom bracket, as it is getting noisy.
cory4um is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #84
xj97jks
1997 XJ Cherokee 

2008 Giant STP frame, RockShox Argyle 318 fork, Stylo cranks, Surly singlespeed kit, Shadow chain, Mavic 321 rims on specialized hubs, Cane Creek headset...and yes its PINK! weighs 28.6 pounds!!

2009 Specialized Demo 7 frame, FoxShox DHX5.0, 2009 FoxShox Vanilla 36RC2, ChrisKing 1.5 headset, Mavic 721 wheels/specialized hubs, Holzfeller cranks, Dura ace 11-21 cassette, Sram X.0 shifter/derailleur, Shim XT brakes, Gravity Carbon bars/Stem, E.13 chainguide, Maxxis Minion st 2.35 tires (not shown)....weighs 36.3 pounds!!!

97 xj sport- Clayton long arm- 9" coils front- D30 w/ARB in front- 8.8 w/ Detroit locker and discs- TeraFlex Hi-Steer conversion-Durango V8 steering box- 36" IROKs- Coast front driveline- Tom Woods rear driveline- Advanced Adapters SYE- Homebrew rear bumper-JCR upper/lower quarter guards
xj97jks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #85
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Loving that this thread is still alive and well... nice rides man, love those Demo 7's.

I am still looking at the Banshee Rune as my AM bike, my Shore is still my Freeride machine, set up more as DH bike than AM. Man that Shore rails at Whistler... eats up the big drops too.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #86
xj97jks
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I LOVE the demo man. It perfect...I set it up super soft..fast rebound and race it every year, then set it up for jumping and drops and stuff. being 36 pounds its super light DH bike!!! And the STP....its so fun to go rip up the town on night rides and the local skate parks. Lately I've been doing lots of dirt jumping and stuff on the STP at the new mountain bike park close to my house!!!!
97 xj sport- Clayton long arm- 9" coils front- D30 w/ARB in front- 8.8 w/ Detroit locker and discs- TeraFlex Hi-Steer conversion-Durango V8 steering box- 36" IROKs- Coast front driveline- Tom Woods rear driveline- Advanced Adapters SYE- Homebrew rear bumper-JCR upper/lower quarter guards
xj97jks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #87
XJAl
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Bike setups:

2003 Specialized Epic FSR: Rock Shox Tora SL fork, Fox Brain rear shock, full Shimano XT and LX components, Mavic Crossmax Wheels.

2006 Marin Palisades Trail hard tail: Rock Shox Tora 318 fork, Shimano components WTB wheels. Currently converting this thing to a single speed super light weight bike.

Jeep setup: I have two Yakima bike rails along with two Yakima wheel forks mounted on Yakima corss bars on the roof. I have run this setup for about 3 years and have been very happy with it. Here's some pics from a recent Moab trip.

1993 XJ Sport
XJAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #88
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

update of the fuel, riding it this weekend one last time then it's off to ebay for it!

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #89
Two_Jeeps
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I've already posted pics of my Specialized S-Works Epic and Allez Elite, but here are few of my latest purchases.

A few months ago I got the hair-brained idea that I wanted to find some super simple, old-school mountain bikes that I can use for riding around town and for family camping.

I picked up these two Hardrock's for almost nothing and have been thouroughly enjoying the simplicity of each one. I started racing back in 1990 so these things bring back a ton of early mountain bike memories for me.

Unread 11-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #90
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
that is sexy.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.