Mountain Biking Cherokee Owners... whats your ride? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Mountain Biking Cherokee Owners... whats your ride?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #46
konatown69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptorino68
so im goign to ask a question of you guys, and if i should start a new thread thats fine, but im shopping for MT bike tires

right now im running 26x2.3 kenda krads which i love for the road, so i plan on keeping them, i usually commute to school during the week and ride the trails maybe 1 weekend a month
i was looking at continental verticals, i need to keep things cheap, and the reviews are good
what do you all think
id be sticking with 26x2.3

Tough call... what type of terrain do you ride, dry and rocky, wet and sloppy, rooty and gnarly? I am a HUGE fan of the Kenda Nevegals, a great all around tire with the stick-E compound. They are however a bit expensive? If this is an XC rig, I used to love the Panaracer Fire XC Pro's back in the day, they are still around and are a good tire?
Check out some specialized tires http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...ce.jsp?eid=355 they are all really great whether you want a road specific or trail specific or something in between

konatown69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #47
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

so broke my gary fisher frame, and i couldnt get it waranteed..... BUT... trek is hooking me up with a pretty killer price on the new Fuel EX9 with fox RP23 rear shock. i never thought i'm go full suspension. will be here this week. pics to come

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #48
98formulaLS1

No pictures, but I ride a 2007 Trek Fuel 70 and a Cannondale something roadbike lol
Unread 07-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #49
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

#1: Paul (Vassago)- please disregard that PM I sent you... after seeing your pics on pages 1 and 2, im not going to embarrass myself by trying to keep up with you at Allaire

#2: Back to thread topic:
Current ride is an 06 Fuji Panic Pro... don't have any good pics really but this'll do:

^^ It's a good bike, but pretty heavy to use for XC... and it's a 16" Frame so it gives me a little trouble when climbing (but is a blast going DH!).

aaand #3: Just lost my riding partner due to a medical condition (it's my wife... she's pregnant ). So to help prepare I sold my beloved motorcycle, and to help compensate for my loss (i loved that bike) we decided I could upgrade my bike.... I should be picking up my 09 GF X-Caliber from Paul on Wednesday (and still won't be able to keep up with him... unless i put an electric motor on it )
Unread 07-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #50
G-MANtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2008 giant glory 0 on the 98 cherokee

same bike on the 89 grand wagoneer

no pics with the tj yet but how my bike is now
|---L-o||||||o-
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
G-MANtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #51
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-MANxj View Post
My dream jeep (my next project is going to be a wagoneer)
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #52
G-MANtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18 View Post
My dream jeep (my next project is going to be a wagoneer)
i just sold it too. bought myself a tj. my aunt gave it to me to drive when i was 16. she bought it new in nov of 88. it had less than 100k miles on the original 360ci V8 and original trans. i miss that jeep
|---L-o||||||o-
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #53
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
i just sold it too. bought myself a tj. my aunt gave it to me to drive when i was 16. she bought it new in nov of 88. it had less than 100k miles on the original 360ci V8 and original trans. i miss that jeep
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #54
G-MANtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18 View Post
haha sorry man. but i sold it to a kids parents who were going to give it to him for his 16th b-day. and they saw it at a mtb race so im glad it went to another kid and another mtb rider.
|---L-o||||||o-
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #55
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
haha sorry man. but i sold it to a kids parents who were going to give it to him for his 16th b-day. and they saw it at a mtb race so im glad it went to another kid and another mtb rider.
I hear ya, glad it went to a good home
Unread 07-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #56
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh man, I've been looking for a thread like this for a while.

I feel so little riding a Trek 820 (just bought it this year to get into trail riding), but it's still pretty good for $330 and a beginner to the sport.

I have a cheap Bell 3-bike holder for the hatch, and if I go riding friday I'll have some pics for you guys. You'll see my lovely purple box as well

I'm debating that when I decide to get a new bike (my shop offers a free tuneup from when you buy the bike, just about however long it takes to need it, and it's gonna need it soon), whether or not to keep the 820 steel frame and build on that for fun, or to actually go for something like a Trek 4-series disc, which I think I might do ($600 is much for me right now, but worth it).

Needless to say, I need to get some pics in of both my new XJ and my bike.

EDIT: I need to visit a lot of places like NC and whatnot for some nice trail riding too, because I've got the 'Dacks up here, but I can only go so often.
Tarukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #57
konatown69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

check out www.pinkbike.com

its going to be a lot more expensive to do a build up than if you just buy a new bike. same deal as jeeps, nothing holds its original value, so buying lots of parts will cost you more than just buying a whole assembly aka bike.
konatown69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #58
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

sorry for the cell pic but here's the EX9

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #59
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That's a nice one, Vassago. I just saw you posting some shots over at Two-Spoke also!

Loving that EX9 there, though.
Tarukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #60
phmaris
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Bike's worth more than Jeep!
phmaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.