post #1 of Old 10-21-2013, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
DPH1LLY

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Moab wheel help!!

Alright guys so I'm pretty much in the dark about lift and tire size stuff since I havent lifted my XJ Yet but I plan too soon. Anyways I got a hell of a deal on a set of 5 17 inch MOAB Wheels off of a JK. Anyways I planned on doing the 1.5 OME lift kit because this jeep is my daily and I dont do much heavy wheeling. Anywasy my question is will I be able to use the 17 in MOAB wheels with like a 30 inch tire...? Thats what the kit says it allows for. I guess what I'm asking is what is the lowest lift/tire combo I should go for? I dont want it too be too big, but I dont want it to look silly with the rims being too big for the tires too you know? Just trying to keep it simple. Thanks guys!

Instagram: @DPH1LLY
post #2 of Old 10-22-2013, 10:37 PM
rugsucka
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

A 30" tire on a 17" wheel will look goofy - especially on an XJ. It will also be a poor combination for even moderate offroading. With a bit of trimming and bumpstopping, you could run 31's on a 1.5-2" lift. That would look and work best on 15" wheels.

You do realize the JK wheels use a different bolt pattern? You can buy spacers to convert to the XJ 5x4.5" pattern.