Moab wheel help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Moab wheel help!!

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
DPH1LLY
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Moab wheel help!!

Alright guys so I'm pretty much in the dark about lift and tire size stuff since I havent lifted my XJ Yet but I plan too soon. Anyways I got a hell of a deal on a set of 5 17 inch MOAB Wheels off of a JK. Anyways I planned on doing the 1.5 OME lift kit because this jeep is my daily and I dont do much heavy wheeling. Anywasy my question is will I be able to use the 17 in MOAB wheels with like a 30 inch tire...? Thats what the kit says it allows for. I guess what I'm asking is what is the lowest lift/tire combo I should go for? I dont want it too be too big, but I dont want it to look silly with the rims being too big for the tires too you know? Just trying to keep it simple. Thanks guys!

miles
DPH1LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

A 30" tire on a 17" wheel will look goofy - especially on an XJ. It will also be a poor combination for even moderate offroading. With a bit of trimming and bumpstopping, you could run 31's on a 1.5-2" lift. That would look and work best on 15" wheels.

You do realize the JK wheels use a different bolt pattern? You can buy spacers to convert to the XJ 5x4.5" pattern.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.