Even more glad to know it was fixable and easily at that!
Today I got started on removing all the fake bead locker bolts and nuts in order to polish them up. and refinish the rims. They are Unique 15x10 with fake bead locks - not Cragars.
Also got a new Wix air filter dropped in and Seafoamed the gas tank, crank case, and throttle body. Seems to run smoother. I plan to change the oil/filter in the coming week. Just got the OReilly's high mileage 10w30 and a Wix oil filter. Got some new spark plugs to pop in, too.
Secured new taillights, rear bumper & wraparounds, rear drive shaft, and a TnT Customs belly pan for a steal from a guy parting out and has the belly pan brand new he just never got around to installing it. :-)
Just got back with a WK full of parts. Didn't get the rear shaft cause he forgot he didn't have it. But I got the rear lights, rear bumper and corners, oilcap (original was messed up) & TNT Customs belly pan with hardware - never been installed.
$240 for the lot of it. :-)
Finally got it licensed yesterday. I made mention in another thread that this rig will see limited pavement driving. It was bought primarily to be a trail rig toy but I wanted to have plates on it so it could serve as a spare daily driver if the need arose. I haven't dropped the rear diff to get a look at what's going on in the pumpkin as far as lockers - but I have it on good authority that the rear was welded, which I kinda figured after driving it a little more. No ratcheting just the chirping of the rear tires during turns - another reason not to drive it around the streets too much. Not sure what I'll do about the rear diff - leave it welded or tear it out and put a Detroit and regear at the same time. Time and money, baby!
I got the tail lights swapped the other day and wrenched the old mangled bumper off:
You can see the rear tires are bald as hell - still workin on new or new-to-me tires. I also got started hitting the bumper I picked up with a good sanding with the angle grinder. I wanted to knock off the surface rust and scuff the rest of it up real well before priming it and putting bedliner on it.
^^^ Yeah - the rockers are gonna get cut out and replaced with either 2x4 or 2x6 box steel. I also have some rust spots to grind out on the lower parts of a couple doors. I didn't take a pic before I started that passenger quarter but it was rusted through on the bottom - not any more :-)
Well I'm on duty, but I got word from the wife that the XJ's new meats were delivered today
I swear everytime the brown truck shows up I'm working.
I gotta get to work on the driver rear quarter and I wanna cut and fold the p/w's in the fronts. Right now I'm wishing I'd held off on the driver rear fender work last week - might make boxing the quarter in a little challenging. Plus I still need to refinish the other 3 wheels.