Mikes '96 XJ Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Mikes '96 XJ Build

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
TABonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I love your rig, It's identical to mine except yours has four doors and thirty inch tires! Only 1 Year newer than mine too. Can't wait to see what you do with her...I'll be checking back often!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/95-xj-se-1513890/
TABonifacio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #17
T-REXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmike0122 View Post
I have not got out much in a while. Hard to find people to go with when you work the weekends. The last place was out near the Rio Puerco. I have not even took the XJ out yet.
I have an odd schedule kinda play it by the ear job. Soif you wanna meet up and wheel some time I would be down.
T-REXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #18
T-REXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys, so I have done a few things nothing structural or mechanical yet. Lets see I got new seat covers, put the radio in(sorta), and I put a new shift nob on and replaced the missing cig lighter. just small cosmetic stuff for now. I have plans and the funds for a lift and tires but idk what lift to get, I was checking out the forum on Cherokee lifts and Im more lost then I was before lol. I was originally thinkin a 3" rough country lift package or something like that and 32" BFG All Terrain TKO, or or the wrangler duratracs..... Not quite sure though need something really good for sand and roacks, mostly sand though.

Went out rabbit huntin today took the jeep and it did great as expected. saw some cool things, found a new place to wheel, but didn't find any rabbit..... Ill post some pics
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #19
T-REXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So I decided to got shooting, Jeep did pretty good, found a new spot to wheel aswell so overall pretty good day

Went shooting for part of the day:

Found a new spot to wheel decided to take this hill first:

Further up:

Further up....got to sandy or just a bad line...maybe next time:

Found another way to the top:

The view from the top fo the new wheelin spot:

Different hill:

Unread 07-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #20
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, so far you have a great plarform to start with. "My" advice is to go with the Rubicon Express 3" super ride kit with rear springs. I say this because i have riden i a XJ with this kit, and the ride is awesome! I personaly got the 4.5" super flex kit because of how well it rode. For "me" this has worked out well because i am a rock dog, I spend most of mu trails in the rocks and hard packed dirt plus sand. This has worked oht well for "me". So do your resurch, and good luck. Oh and i run 32/11.50/15 tires with my lift for now.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #21
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REXJ View Post
I have an odd schedule kinda play it by the ear job. Soif you wanna meet up and wheel some time I would be down.
That's sounds good to me. I could bring a few of my friends. Mr. AK and Sir Mossberg. Have not been shooting in a while either. I'm sure some would disagree, but I would recommend Eric Zappe's book High Performance Jeep Cherokee Builders Guide. Its has a lot of good info in it.

Last edited by XJmike0122; 07-08-2013 at 01:33 AM..
XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #22
T-REXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Ok, so far you have a great plarform to start with. "My" advice is to go with the Rubicon Express 3" super ride kit with rear springs. I say this because i have riden i a XJ with this kit, and the ride is awesome! I personaly got the 4.5" super flex kit because of how well it rode. For "me" this has worked out well because i am a rock dog, I spend most of mu trails in the rocks and hard packed dirt plus sand. This has worked oht well for "me". So do your resurch, and good luck. Oh and i run 32/11.50/15 tires with my lift for now.
Thanks for the Info Puck, Ya originally I had narrowed it down to either a rough country, runbicon express, or skyjacker.... Ill check out prices on the rubi and see if its possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmike0122 View Post
That's sounds good to me. I could bring a few of my friends. Mr. AK and Sir Mossberg. Have not been shooting in a while either. I'm sure some would disagree, but I would recommend Eric Zappe's book High Performance Jeep Cherokee Builders Guide. Its has a lot of good info in it.
Thanks mike ill have to check that book out. Ya just let me know when and where, if theres anyones else from ALBQ area same goes
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #23
T-REXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Oh and i run 32/11.50/15 tires with my lift for now.
Hey what tires you runnin in 32/11.5/15? Ive been really thinkin about 32... someday I would like to go up to 35's but that will prolly be a couple years. I wanted a 3 inch lift cause I really don't wanna go to a longarm kit, seems complicated.

Anyone else have input on tires, and lifts?
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Hey what tires you runnin in 32/11.5/15? Ive been really thinkin about 32... someday I would like to go up to 35's but that will prolly be a couple years. I wanted a 3 inch lift cause I really don't wanna go to a longarm kit, seems complicated.

Anyone else have input on tires, and lifts?
I have BFG A/Ts at the moment. I do have 35" pro comp M/Ts that need to be mounted up. I have trimmed the piss outta my fenders already to clear them. And right now i am doing some resurch in what style of bump stops to make for said 35's.
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #25
T-REXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I have BFG A/Ts at the moment. I do have 35" pro comp M/Ts that need to be mounted up. I have trimmed the piss outta my fenders already to clear them. And right now i am doing some resurch in what style of bump stops to make for said 35's.
I had those BFG A/Ts on my truck before I sold it I loved them, Im thinking that's probably what Im gonna end up with.
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #26
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm thinking about trying to fit 32 with just a BB and fender trimming. Until I can get an sye. I know the newer XJs start to have problems with vibs with any more lift without one. Big O Tires has some 32X11.50R15 mud claws for $172.00 each. Don't know much about them though.
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #27
T-REXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I thought about doing the same but I would like more flex, so I wanna get a 3" SL with 32's and then trim and put on bushwacker fender flares
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #28
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REXJ
I thought about doing the same but I would like more flex, so I wanna get a 3" SL with 32's and then trim and put on bushwacker fender flares
Size of your lift doesn't determine amount of flex by any means.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #29
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah you might not need a sye. Are ur axles HP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Size of your lift doesn't determine amount of flex by any means.
Care to elaborate on that statement. I find it hard to believe if you use quality parts that's it does not play some factor.
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #30
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

This is my XJ flexing on stock suspension with just a 2" puck spacer and longer shocks. It is sitting on 32/12.50/15 BFG A/Ts.

20130504_174026.jpg

Tags
black , build , cherokee , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.