Metro's XJ Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Metro's XJ Build

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #16
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Weird that i missed it. I've owned one previously, that i sold, and am looking for another for a mild build. Just need to sell my yj first.

Anyways sorry to clutter up your thread. On to the build!

Unread 10-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #17
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Here are some pics from this past weekend in the rocks at Rennie...

Metro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

***Update***

Finally got a chance to install my HnT SYE and Double Cardon driveshaft. Install went very smooth. To cut the output shaft, I tossed the Jeep in reverse so it was spinning, and then cut it with an angle grinder applying just a bit of pressure to the shaft.. very clean cut in my opinion. NO MORE VIBES

OLD SHAFT

Output shaft..before hacking

CUT OFF

Hacked, Drilled, Tapped

New Shaft Installed
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #19
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just a short vid of me trying to climb a pretty steep hill.. as usual, it is steeper in person..(I hate open diffs!)

http://youtu.be/lLA9u5dSYjQ
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #20
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well I sold my hidden hitch for $80, and bought JKS Quicker Disconnects from my buddy for $100 who had them on his TJ Rubi. The install went smooth.

Grinded off stud mount

Used an air hammer to punch the rest of the stud out

Connected

Disco'd and mounted to skid plate
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
MagicNelson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro55 View Post
Just a short vid of me trying to climb a pretty steep hill.. as usual, it is steeper in person..(I hate open diffs!)

http://youtu.be/lLA9u5dSYjQ
Instead of flooring it up the hill, you should have tried 4lo and crawled up it slowly.

Nice Jeep!!!
MagicNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #22
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicNelson View Post
Instead of flooring it up the hill, you should have tried 4lo and crawled up it slowly.

Nice Jeep!!!
I did try that first..but it was all loose sandy/rocks and I have open diffs for now
Unread 11-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #23
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just a few updates, I had a custom bottle opener made (for those bonfire, tailgating parties). W.H.O.R.E. is our wheeling group that stands for Winnipeg Heights Off Road Enthusiasts.

Also got around to mounting my maglite, as well as my fire extingtuisher

Unread 12-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #24
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

hey man how do you like those belltech shackles i was looking at those at autozone. do you recommend using the shackles?
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #25
bootht99
1990 XJ Cherokee 

So you're the one who bought this on me!!

I had made arrangements with the seller to come check it out, and he knew i was driving 3 hrs to see it. Anyways, i had made it into the city and called him to let him know i was here, and he tells me he just sold it! *&#@!!!! Boy was i pissed... what a waste of time for me.

oh well, at least it got sold to someone who is into jeeps and will take full advantage of it. have fun with it!
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #10
bootht99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #26
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20 View Post
hey man how do you like those belltech shackles i was looking at those at autozone. do you recommend using the shackles?
The belltech shackles have been just fine, they have allowed me to flex the piss outta of the rear without any issues. That being said, they are also temporary, as I currently have 4.5" leafs waiting to be picked up. and will eventually run the shackle relocation kit.

To use these shackles however, you do need to bend the arms in a bit because they are made for 3" wide leafs, and XJ's are 2.5" wide. No biggie.
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #27
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootht99 View Post
So you're the one who bought this on me!!

I had made arrangements with the seller to come check it out, and he knew i was driving 3 hrs to see it. Anyways, i had made it into the city and called him to let him know i was here, and he tells me he just sold it! *&#@!!!! Boy was i pissed... what a waste of time for me.

oh well, at least it got sold to someone who is into jeeps and will take full advantage of it. have fun with it!
Lol wow, too funny. Sorry for the steal on the sale. I was in the middle of trying to sell my truck at the same time of buying this Jeep, and the guy I bought it from (Todd) is a guy I actually know, and I had been making plans to buy this XJ from him for a while before that. I actually would have been pissed if he didn't sell it to me.. haha! But don't worry, I'll make sure it doesn't go out to just get groceries.
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #28
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro55 View Post
The belltech shackles have been just fine, they have allowed me to flex the piss outta of the rear without any issues. That being said, they are also temporary, as I currently have 4.5" leafs waiting to be picked up. and will eventually run the shackle relocation kit.

To use these shackles however, you do need to bend the arms in a bit because they are made for 3" wide leafs, and XJ's are 2.5" wide. No biggie.
Thanks man appreciate the input on the shackles.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #29
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

**UPDATES**

I added some LED lights in the rear cargo.. the pic doesn't do it justice, it lights up pretty well back there. (I might add more)

Also go some 4.5" leaf springs, HD Tie Rod, New Shackles, and a SOLID D30 cover.

Should all be going in soon

Unread 12-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #30
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Installed the 4.5" Leaf Springs (They are from Rough Country, and I do not have any issues with a rough ride like some have reported) And sorry, I will post day pics eventually.

,(●)_),,,,,,(●)_)--o-)_) ,,, 2000 XJ - 4.5" w/ LA's & Locked on 32's

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.