Meeting strangers for jeep stuff? The good? The bad? The ugly? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Meeting strangers for jeep stuff? The good? The bad? The ugly?

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 12-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #16
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I recently met someone from the forum in person. Real nice guy. I think next time he comes to my house I'll jump him and strip his interior to put in mine. Maybe I'll take the cargo rack too. He'll never suspect it.

Agility is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmaine97 View Post
I recently met someone from the forum in person. Real nice guy. I think next time he comes to my house I'll jump him and strip his interior to put in mine. Maybe I'll take the cargo rack too. He'll never suspect it.
Say whattttt?????
X2 this dudes got nice wheels and an engine sensor and headlights
Super clean rig
Quite jealous of how his sits, but he can't even use my rack because his doesn't have stock roof rack rails
My in person meet was awesome, real nice guy
go for it, op, talk via pm, establish a connection and go for it
If in person that's a better feel for them
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B View Post
Geez guys I think we need a sarcastic button for the kids, I will never advocate violence unless you or your family's lives are in jeopardy. Even though I carry everyday, it is the absolute last resort.

I would not shoot at someone stealing from my truck, unless they shoot at me first... if you have good insurance they should cover anything stolen from your vehicle. Everything stolen from my vehicles was replaced with better stuff except for cds.
The cops here know me by name and are a less than a mile away, they can get here before they can git out of the parking lot. I have watched them press in from all sides to catch people breaking into car here, really cool to see the way they lock down the area.
And in your situation, That works for you. That's great. For YOU. But not everyone lives a few casual strides from their local PD. So the "let 'em steal it my insurance will cover it" type of BS is why I pay higher insurance rates. Which ends up with "Me" still paying "more." Sorry, I don't subscribe to this way of thinking. Crime is crime and while I would NOT just blow someone away for attempting to break into my vehicle, I can GUARANTEE you they will be leaving by ambulance, wishing they had not picked me or my property to screw with. We all have our ways of dealing with things I personally have been involved in an armed robbery and helped apprehend the scumbag because I refuse to be a victim and won't wait for "help" to arrive when I can do something myself. Anyhooo I've brought this far enough off topic. Originally my answer is Jeep peoples is good peoples for the most part but you should never let your guard to far down.
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerXJ View Post
Say whattttt?????
X2 this dudes got nice wheels and an engine sensor and headlights
Super clean rig
Quite jealous of how his sits, but he can't even use my rack because his doesn't have stock roof rack rails
My in person meet was awesome, real nice guy
go for it, op, talk via pm, establish a connection and go for it
If in person that's a better feel for them
Well this should be interesting.....
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerXJ
Say whattttt????? X2 this dudes got nice wheels and an engine sensor and headlights Super clean rig Quite jealous of how his sits, but he can't even use my rack because his doesn't have stock roof rack rails My in person meet was awesome, real nice guy go for it, op, talk via pm, establish a connection and go for it If in person that's a better feel for them
*****, you saw my post! I probably won't jump you and steal your interior. You did offer up some free help, after all.
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #21
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

*****, you saw my post! I probably won't jump you and steal your interior. You did offer up some free help, after all.
I'm always looking at this section, If you need help on anything and I'm not busy/working feel free to call and ask for a hand, I won't charge you you're my go-to jeep help in person, quite knowledgeable compared to me
I'm a fan of the black on black interior
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #22
JeepJohn92
1988 XJ Cherokee 

As fas as defense for my rig I dont have a gin but i have a big *** M-Tech knife thats very intimidating. I would stab someone with it unless my life was in danger but if I hit them with it in the head it could do some damage. I also have a flash light thats bright as ****, I mean so bright IT BLINDS CHILDREN! It also has a strobe so stun em with that and hit em in the face and right away while their retinas are burned to ashes. I keep my guns at home.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #343
Built not bought.
JeepJohn92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #23
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Met a couple guys from JF at Bantam in June, traded numbers, etc. Cool guys, lots of them live like an hour+ away though so wheeling with them has been minimum.

Met one guy with a fully built TJ on 40s at a walmart during the summer, we both just happened to pull in together. Cool guy, haven't got a chance to go wheeling with him yet.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I usually meet other Jeep people at the gas station.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #25
LobstahJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Parker and XJmaine, I see you are both in Portland. Wanna meet up and steal each others stuff... I mean play with Jeeps?
I live near Prides Corner in Westbrook.
Seriously though, who are you guys? I don't know many Jeepers up here. I see a few nice rigs around town all the time though!
LobstahJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobstahJeep View Post
Parker and XJmaine, I see you are both in Portland. Wanna meet up and steal each others stuff... I mean play with Jeeps?
I live near Prides Corner in Westbrook.
Seriously though, who are you guys? I don't know many Jeepers up here. I see a few nice rigs around town all the time though!
Nice name
I've got a couple buddys who live in Westbrook
My xj is stock, and Xjmaines is a super nice rig, I'm honestly quite jealous of how his sits and the stance, he's jealous of my interior and rack
Both are dark green, sexy colors
I'd be interested personally
Unread 12-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #27
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerXJ
Nice name I've got a couple buddys who live in Westbrook My xj is stock, and Xjmaines is a super nice rig, I'm honestly quite jealous of how his sits and the stance, he's jealous of my interior and rack Both are dark green, sexy colors I'd be interested personally
I'm in, Lobstah. I am jealous of the black on black interior. Might swing through the salvage yard soon to see if I can pull some panels to swap for my dirty grey.
Unread 12-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #28
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I'm in. I am jealous of the black on black interior. Might swing through the salvage yard soon to see if I can pull some panels to swap for my dirty grey.
Let me know when, I'd like to poke around and can give ya a hand if needed
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #29
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I had a bad experience with a fellow XJ owner. I met up with a guy at the local CVS to sell my old tires. He seamed cool, very knowledgeable about XJ's and even paid more than I was asking. About 6 hours later he throw a punch at me when I caught him trying to remove my 31's. When the cops showed up, they found my grill, headlamp bezels, h4 headlamps, h4 harness and center caps in his jeep.

I guess needing my service manual saved my butt.
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #30
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey View Post
I had a bad experience with a fellow XJ owner. I met up with a guy at the local CVS to sell my old tires. He seamed cool, very knowledgeable about XJ's and even paid more than I was asking. About 6 hours later he throw a punch at me when I caught him trying to remove my 31's. When the cops showed up, they found my grill, headlamp bezels, h4 headlamps, h4 harness and center caps in his jeep.

I guess needing my service manual saved my butt.
****, I guess even XJ owners can be D-bags. What a tool. Do you remember what his name was or what his XJ looked like? That way others can be warned.

Sorry that happened to you man.

My experiences with other Jeep owners on Craigslist has been 99% positive, but I have dealt with some other people on Craigslist who were jerks. Nothing to that extent though.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.