may buy an 95 XJ, how much should I pay?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > may buy an 95 XJ, how much should I pay??

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
brycherokee87
2008 WK 

may buy an 95 XJ, how much should I pay??

Hey everyone,

I need opinions from XJ owners. Currently I have a 2008 GC limited that i just bought 6 months ago, but in those 6 months i put 15k on it. SO im looking for a second jeep to drive for a while to keep the miles off my GC. For some reason always wanted an XJ, this kid in my town has a 1995, with 150k on it. Paint looks rough, but the jeep has a 4.5 skyjacker lift, on 32 inch tires. He said he has taken care of it, but i know for a fact he has had it off road ( I would to). He is asking 2,900 $ for it. although it has a lift, and tires, is it worth that much? what would you guys pay? going to look at it this afternoon. Thanks for the feed back!

brycherokee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Agony Wagon
Anti-Seizeaholic

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Depends on the condition of it. Rough paint isnt' surprising, and won't affect the performance. But rusted body panels, cracked or rusted frame are problematic. Fluid leaks, cracked head gaskets, worn out rings, are all problematic. Loose steering from the wear and tear of offroading, improperly configured steering geometry, rough ride from suspension setup are all going to be problematic. Get good photos of the underbody, the suspension front and rear, the steering setup.
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
brycherokee87
2008 WK 

i just looked at it, engine is alittle noisy but i know it may not be a big deal. it has 194k on it which kind of worries me. he will take 2400. has rock rails, snorkel, the lift and tires. just replaced some steering parts, says he uses it as his daily driver. He will take 2400 for it. I just saw your response and didnt get to take pictures.
brycherokee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Check the floors really thoroughly for rot.
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
BigBadWuf
1992 XJ Cherokee 

194,000 miles isnt enough to make me not buy it, as long as it was maintained properly, the 4.0 should last between 250,000 and 300,000 miles. For $2400 it probably isnt a bad deal as long as it was maintained, and the upgrades were done properly.
BigBadWuf is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.