Making the XJ taller? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Making the XJ taller?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #1
patrickomalley
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Making the XJ taller?

Hey friends. Currently I am driving an XJ sitting 33x12.5s with a zone 4.5" lift. I want to be taller, ofcourse.

Would adding coil spacers and leaf spring blocks be the way to get an extra inch or two, or should a whole new lift be in the future.

If I were to go with the blocks and spacers, would I need to get anything else? To help compensate for the extra 2 inches?

Thanks

patrickomalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #2
93gc40
1996 XJ Cherokee 

OF COURSE????? Why do you want more lift? Are your tires rubbing or something?? What you need depends on how your current lift is constructed. A zone lift could mean almost anything. Describe your lift based on the parts used not the name of the manufacturer or reseller.
93 ZJ 4.0 / 2"BB / Wranglers / RIP-Gone but not forgotten.

If it aint dirty, it aint a JEEP, it's just a SUV.
93gc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #3
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You can always add a 1 or 2" spacer to most lifts and then adjust control arms and tie rod for alignment. You can always add a lift block or shackle to lift the rear if the leaf springs are sturdy enough (ie stock XJ leafs will not handle that type of lift)

There are many other items to consider such as SYE, brakelines, front and rear DS length, trackbar adjustability, shock length etc.

4.5" is fairly typical for folks running up to 35's and sometimes more. Why do you want to go higher? It is a liability when off camber and raises your center of gravity. If you like to plow thru mud then more lift is about the only reason to go much if any higher.

IMO

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.