making new gauges for newer XJs (and anything else that runs a 4.0 after 97) - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > making new gauges for newer XJs (and anything else that runs a 4.0 after 97)

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 02-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #181
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Currently everything hinges on getting this cutter calibration working right. (My kingdom for a laser cutter!) Have a call in from a company rep tonight to see if we cannot sort out our issues and get the first batch out. Ive got 4 printed and ready to roll in the 4 colors: Black, Digicam, Treadplate, and Carbon Weave.

Once settings are documented, then making them is jsut a case of printing, laminating, aligning and letting the machine cut.
(sounds a lot easier than it is... I wonder how many hours I have in these things so far...)

Unread 02-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #182
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ahem. Beta test pieces shipping out this week. Open sales shortly after. Thanks for waiting with us this far

Unread 02-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #183
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

They look awesome!
donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #184
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Beta testing in wifes Jeep.....gotta get them pics up, ones of her rolling her eyes with "joy" so i can tell my wife "see, IM not the only one!"
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #185
Jbat

Saw on the website. " coming soon for ZJs" I cant wait !!!!
Jbat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #186
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbat View Post
Saw on the website. " coming soon for ZJs" I cant wait !!!!
I think. I have to verify what this was used in, but am pretty sure the ZJ was the same cluster unit.
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #187
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

You'll probably shoot me for asking this Azzy. But being a Scot, I have to.
How hard would tartan/plaid be to do? You got digicam & carbon fiber....
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #188
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatts5250 View Post
You'll probably shoot me for asking this Azzy. But being a Scot, I have to.
How hard would tartan/plaid be to do? You got digicam & carbon fiber....
I would love to see that hahahaha

Sent from somewhere in Nevada
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #189
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I figure since he hasnt replied, he's hired a hitman to get me. LOL
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #190
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatts5250 View Post
I figure since he hasnt replied, he's hired a hitman to get me. LOL
Hire?

I dont pay for things I can do myself out to 500 yards

PM me with the pattern you were thinking of. Might be able to do it.
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #191
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just another teaser pic. Orders are going out for the betas this week, thank you to the group here at JF who are working with me.

Machine cutting is having... issues, but the manufacturer is working double-time to get them going. It just means production goes slower, as I need to send make these 1 at a time, instead of doing a batch.

Here is a sample of how the lighting looks...... Install vid coming this week for everyone.

Unread 03-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #192
Glavus
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This is very exciting
Glavus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #193
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just ran across this thread today.......Nice!! I would like to see a final with the XJ and Jeep in the Idiot cluster style. I don't have the full gauge cluster and I don't remember seeing any other than on the first page. PM me with pricing and a pic, you will have an order. Thanks.
redding1327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #194
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I havent developed that one much further due to lack of interest, but could. The only pic is the ones you see in this thread.

If I do get to making them, I will let you know. Right now I am concentrating on the more popular style.
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #195
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I had the idiot cluster, swapped the premium cluster into it, now just waiting for that special mission package. LOL.
I may have to recalibrate my speedo gauge, i took needles off to paint, now i go 10mph faster, then actual.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.