making new gauges for newer XJs (and anything else that runs a 4.0 after 97) - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > making new gauges for newer XJs (and anything else that runs a 4.0 after 97)

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 02-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #166
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Got 2 new photos up. The cut template with the new machine is 100%. The print template needs tweaked to fit the new cut template. In person they look awesome, but I may be biased.

As I said before, trying to keep up with all the forums, but can reach most of you by hitting facebook up first. Would appreciate the likes if you are on there

https://www.facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks

(Got to charge up the good camera, these were taken with the phone that just got run over the other day.)

Unread 02-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #167
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

OK, found the charged battery... Note.. solved the delicate full black model issue by rolling with a cold matte over-laminate. these things will be tougher than the rest of the stuff in the jeep. Plan on doing matching heater controls for the 97+ units as well.
dsc_4111-1-.jpg  
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #168
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
OK, found the charged battery... Note.. solved the delicate full black model issue by rolling with a cold matte over-laminate. these things will be tougher than the rest of the stuff in the jeep. Plan on doing matching heater controls for the 97+ units as well.
So does this mean release date is coming soon!
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #169
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
So does this mean release date is coming soon!
Yes.

I'll have info out to those who might be interested for beta testing this week, and some in the mail.

After I get a bit of feedback, then we will make changes where possible and get the instruction video made up for install and calibration.
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #170
SGT_Jeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm digging them. Is that just a thin gray line running around the white gauge areas to create a beveled look, or are they actually beveled? Either way, well done.

Just moved to Duncannon, PA. Looking for some wheeling buddies/trails.
SGT_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #171
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Any idea the approximate cost?

Sent from my Galaxy
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #172
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Jeep View Post
I'm digging them. Is that just a thin gray line running around the white gauge areas to create a beveled look, or are they actually beveled? Either way, well done.
Smoke and well placed mirrors Ive tried to match the specs of the original so we dont have mechanical interference.

Approx cost is going to be $35 plus shipping. Installation service not available at this time. Will have final numbers shortly, but that has been the target.
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #173
aguelzo89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Production on 90-96? in the future? LOL Id so pick up 3 for my buddies and I. Those are awesome!
aguelzo89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #174
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguelzo89 View Post
Production on 90-96? in the future? LOL Id so pick up 3 for my buddies and I. Those are awesome!
Check his website, he started with the early gauge clusters and those have been shipping for a while
donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #175
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Smoke and well placed mirrors Ive tried to match the specs of the original so we dont have mechanical interference.

Approx cost is going to be $35 plus shipping. Installation service not available at this time. Will have final numbers shortly, but that has been the target.
I'll be in the market then. I was afraid of what the answer might be haha. You put a lot of work into these I know.

Sent from my Galaxy
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #176
aguelzo89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthelegend View Post
Check his website, he started with the early gauge clusters and those have been shipping for a while
My mistake! lol Gonna order em up, I love the look of the indiglo gauges. So nice.. :-P
aguelzo89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #177
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguelzo89 View Post
My mistake! lol Gonna order em up, I love the look of the indiglo gauges. So nice.. :-P
Please do, we have been making those for many happy Jeep owners. Just a note, these are not Indiglo (that is a 3M trademark) and do not glow on their own. they just use ambient light much better than the stock ones.
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #178
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Please do, we have been making those for many happy Jeep owners. Just a note, these are not Indiglo (that is a 3M trademark) and do not glow on their own. they just use ambient light much better than the stock ones.
I would kill to have indiglo again. I loved it in my wj.

Sent from my Galaxy
Built Not Bought #666
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #179
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I think he just teasing us, watching us, sweat. Lol. My wife says if i take my dashboard apart again, i should just leave it, cuz she knows about the gauges
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #180
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Theres no thumbs up or like buttons on the JF mobile site. Grr. But you get thumbs up all the Azzy
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.