making new gauges for newer XJs (and anything else that runs a 4.0 after 97) - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > making new gauges for newer XJs (and anything else that runs a 4.0 after 97)

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #151
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
when the design is 100% finished, I will see what area is available to add things. The designers of these did not waste much real estate. When you pull off the surround, they look a lot bigger than the actual viewing area.

At this point, whatever room they left I'm sure it'll be fine to put some design into it. Can't wait!!! getting sick of my idiot light gauge, who needs a fuel gauge to take up 1/2 the dash...

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #152
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Some... better to not clutter these up to the point that they become hard to read. Ease of use in my mind comes before customization.
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #153
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Some... better to not clutter these up to the point that they become hard to read. Ease of use in my mind comes before customization.
Makes sense... Don't want to end up with something like this:

donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #154
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Dont see a NRA sticker on it, i got extras...lol
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #155
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sometimes... less is more. Thanks for that pic!

Just a status update. new machine arrived at the office, but Ive been out sick for a few days, some bug got me good. Its going to be a bit of catch up, but I hope to have calibration and whatnot worked out over the weekend.

Progress!
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #156
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sometimes... less is more. Thanks for that pic!

Just a status update. new machine arrived at the office, but Ive been out sick for a few days, some bug got me good. Its going to be a bit of catch up, but I hope to have calibration and whatnot worked out over the weekend.

Progress!
Keep on truckin.
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #157
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

New tools...
20130214_105548-1-.jpg  
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:49 AM   #158
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

drool
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #159
Glavus
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Is there an ETA yet?
Glavus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #160
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Im working on them

Got the machine software figured out and calibrated last night for general cutting. Getting it to work with my design software is the harder task, and one i am trying to tackle tonight and tomorrow.

(Also have 2 hubs to replace in the XJ to pass inspection, as well as a gunbash poster to work up, and a podcast to record... and not forget the wife's birthday. Busy week!)
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #161
SGT_Jeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

(Also have 2 hubs to replace in the XJ to pass inspection, as well as a gunbash poster to work up, and a podcast to record... and not forget the wife's birthday. Busy week!)
I'm guessing if you forget the wife's birthday, we won't be able to enjoy some nice instrument clusters, haha.

I'm getting more and more excited about these.

Just moved to Duncannon, PA. Looking for some wheeling buddies/trails.
SGT_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #162
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, DONT forget the birthday...and remember she's a perpetual 24, like mine (if not, then I hear "You love your jeep more then me")
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #163
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatts5250 View Post
Yeah, DONT forget the birthday...and remember she's a perpetual 24, like mine (if not, then I hear "You love your jeep more then me")
dont have that problem. trust me, this one is a keeper. She's older than I am, and likes to brag about it. And she likes her jeep, guns, and has no problem with just about anything I do

Got the calibration software worked out on the new cutter. I'll be cutting out a new set of gauges tonight as test pieces so I can work out the cut lines 100%, and get the reg down over the next few days.
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #164
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Im updating these step by step on the facebook page. If you would like to see them as they come up, hit us up and "Like".

https://www.facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #165
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Im updating these step by step on the facebook page. If you would like to see them as they come up, hit us up and "Like".

https://www.facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
I liked it. Can't wait to see some updates.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.