Maiden mud voyage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Maiden mud voyage

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 07-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
Flexinxj
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Maiden mud voyage

Always been into crawlin rather than goin through mud but I was invited to go to a mud bog so what the hell. There were only 3 jeeps there, a grand cherokee with 4in lift, my cherokee with 7.5, and another cherokee with 3in lift in the front and none in the rear runnin 35s. The grand cherokee didnt try it(too nice of a vehicle) the one on 35s tried twice and cudnt make it and mine I made it the first time in 4wd then the second time right at the beginning i broke the straps that hold the front driveshaft to the front differential and had to go in 2wd. I checked the damage this morning and i broke those straps and bent the upper control arms which look weak as piss anyway.

The hole was about 3 feet deep, and with no doors I got muddyyyy

Flexinxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

What brand upper control arms? And pics or it didn't happen
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
Flexinxj
1988 XJ Cherokee 

lol saw that comin, no action shots just the aftermath, they will be in my profile soon

They are the same design as the stock ones just lengthened. Not the round tube type but the other kind, very weak imo I have a parts jeep that I am goin to use to make better arms
Flexinxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

At 7.5" I dont doubt a little mud hole took out some crappy c channel uppers...
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.