Low washer fluid light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Low washer fluid light

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
witchdoctor7710
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Low washer fluid light

My low washer fluid light has been turning on and off for a little bit. What could this be? nothing else seems to be wrong.

Unread 07-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
M35A2
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The float is probably waterlogged. You can make a new one with a chunk of styrofoam or go to the hy and find a foamed vehicle. After the float dries out again, they float better.
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
jbudz511
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Usually means low washer fluid lol...it's hard to check your level in I think 99 or 98+ because the fill bottle is in between the engine bay and the fender. Mine comes on and off when it's about low and I'm driving with a lot if hills. Top her off you should be fine...
jbudz511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #4
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, it's probably just blinking on and off because the fluid is sloshing around in there. The float's movement isn't dampened, so it'll flop up and and down very easily as the level changes.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

On my 96 the light starts coming on when the reservoir gets to a little less than half full, which means I only have about a 6 month supply left in there. Not sure about the later models but on mine it was really easy to unplug the sensor connection from the bottle and put an end to that nonsense.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Enter your jeep in the July Cherokee Of The Month contest!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.