looking for someone in NC to help me work on my 90XJ - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 06-17-2016, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
1990 XJ Cherokee 
looking for someone in NC to help me work on my 90XJ

Hey everyone, long time reader first time poster. I have a 1990 Cherokee Pioneer, and I need to do some how on it that's beyond my experience level and beyond the tools I have (I've done a lot of replacing hoses, replacing the thermostat many times (I used to live in the southwest) etc). I'm hoping to find someone within a few hours drive of Durham/CH who has access to a lift and would be down to help me / provide guidance with:

actually needs to be done:
- brake replacement

might as well, while it's lifted:
- exhaust pipe replacement (spent a few years in VT, and came out of it with a rust-colored lacework exhaust pipe)

and the more interesting ones. I'm excited to learn, but would need a hand with these:
- rear main seal replacement (and other seals?)
- clutch replacement
- the dream: transmission rebuild

Those last three aren't tooo urgent - I have some oil spatter, not exactly completely sure where it's coming from (hmm... don't especially like the way that looks now that I write it down, but it's been stable for a couple years, and only rarely needs an oil top-off), I'd like to be proactive on the clutch and I'm suspicious it'll need replacing within the next year, and I'd love to rebuild the transmission just because I've never done anything that involved.

I'm thinking maybe a couple Saturday half-days? I'll lunch or beers or whatever

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.