Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Looking for some direction with new build.

755 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Mike934 
#1 ·
Well guys looking for some direction on my build dub' the grocery getter.

It's staying simple, 3" & 31s 4.10s with the excurrent front locker. 90% of this is bought, in my garage. I've done the big jeep thing and its cool and all but really it turned me off from wheeling it with the family which is what I enjoyed most. So with what I've learned I'm redoing it with the new jeep. I've got 95% of that down, my last 5% is about the overall look and bumpers.
Stock "sleeper" looking jeep with detour tail bone & wish bone or go slightly modified look with aftermarket bumpers?

Hopefully Tim doesn't mind but my "modified" bumpers would resemble his. Very simple, very high clearence, light weight. Receiver integrated front & rear, as well as d rings. 31" tire can be held behind seat in stock with minor fitness.

Also modified

Stock look.

I really like both. I think a "removeable winch" with receivers is nicer for a 100% daily rig. Toss is on when we go out type deal. However I dig the oem look. The modified with stock fenders don't look bad at all and I think that's what I'm leaning towards.

What's your guys opinion?

See less See more
#3 ·
Well I'm thinking I really would like 31x10.5s and stock bumpers with a winch up front and a detours tailbone in the rear. Which are custom order only I believe.
Then I go back to thinking 31s and simple bumpers would help with the rock crawling we do as well as potentially helping with body damage. Cut and fold and such would be a minimum. Bumpers are quite. Easy to build and ive got the resources so I'm thinking of doing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.