looking for 3in of lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > looking for 3in of lift

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #16
mikbob1313
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
If you can weld I highly advise adding some 3/16 plate to the underside of the control arms. To beef them up and get oem replacement brake lines for a Yj to extend your lines.
alright, welding is definitely a possibility, i'll look into th lines. ive got a d35 rear axle, the 3 inch lift and 30's wont be to much stress will it?

Unread 12-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikbob1313
alright, welding is definitely a possibility, i'll look into th lines. ive got a d35 rear axle, the 3 inch lift and 30's wont be to much stress will it?
31" tires are about the limit for a d35. IMO if you have junkyards near ya. Pick up a 8.25 from a 96-01 Xj. It'll bolt right in and have 29 spline axle shafts I beat on mine with 33's all the time. But the 8.25 will handle 35's in stock trim with out blinking.
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #18
mikbob1313
1999 XJ Cherokee 

aight, i'll do some looking lookin, maybe a little more $$$ but do it right do it light
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #19
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikbob1313 View Post
if i just go 3inches, would i need new control arms or brake hoses like those that come with the more $$ kits?
At 3", the stock length LCA will be about .25" short.
This will have some minor impact on caster and pinion angles, but nothing drastic. Tires larger than stock will appear off-center within the wheel-well.

Brake lines need only have the anchor bracket relocated, but just be sure that they are not the limiting factor when flexing off-road!
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.