Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

lk 93xj build

54K views 415 replies 32 participants last post by  lk123 
#1 ·
So its 10pm and im bored out of my mind,and i dont have a build tread yet after having my jeep for 9 months.

so here we go :D

first i found a jeep on craigslist for 2000, so i went and looked,drove it around the block. it drove rough as hell, shifting into gears grinds a bit *still does lol* head liner sagging, carpet nasty looking, and 225k........ so i told them 1400 after tax/lic/reg and they said ok....should have asked lower lol * ther was 2 other ppl ther looking at it too but i had cash.

when i bought it i was so excited i missed all this front end damage....lol

first thing i bought was seafoam,plugs,wires,rotor,cap,window cleaner,carpet cleaner, some tools

See less See more
#362 ·
Had the day off so i went out to pull & save picked up some tow hooks off a old xj and a zj tierod upgrade for 14 bucks. found a 8.25 also but needed help so i had to leave it :(

#363 ·
Picked up the 8.25..... But I busted off a shock mount bolt :( also took the gears and stuff from the front axle and then grabbed the front door seals off a 98 they are better condition and also thicker than mine.

#368 ·
Came off a 98 with 355 gears. It's got a big round part on the other side of the bracket did u take that off to?

#367 ·
I broke the threaded portion off the shock mount stud on my 8.25. Thought about drilling it out but if you look at it youll see thats a LOT to drill through.

I ended up grinding the remaining threads down flat to the shank and welding a grade 8 bolt of similar thread size to it. Held up great for a few months now. Something to consider because I had it fixed way faster this way.

#371 ·
Pick up a new tie rod end and adjusting sleeve for the v8 tie rod and installed it today, now i dont have as much play in my steering as i did before but still need to do an alignment

#372 ·
Have one of the two 98 door seals installed very nice and better seal but have yet to get the time for the other oen

#374 ·
Put in all new steering. But noticed drop pitman arm is wearing out and with the new stiff tre's and stuff I now have a popping sound, also still have a little slack in the steering wheel

#377 ·
I like it but almost seems like in to high geared for a manual, yea my pitman is wearing and popping oh well for now. If something happens ill be doing the Durango Box upgrade and new Extended arm. I bought a new speedo gear but havent put it in yet. One thibg iv noticed is I dont see how anyone with ny lift kit can Fit 35s without lots of trimming xuz my 33s rub

#380 ·
I have the inner and outer braces and several times have had the bolts back out ever so slightly. They feel tight with a wrench but sure enough the box will pop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.