lk 93xj build - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > lk 93xj build

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #166
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

That thing needs a rattle can job lol. Check back on my build next week if you're interested. I'll have more pics of the progress on my rattle can camo tan job.

P/S you doing the cut and fold up front or is that just relief cuts?

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #167
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i was lazy ill get a red close to it when i take the time to look lol prob going to cut the wheel well back a bit and just put bolts in the holes, no plans on trimming anytime soon, but going to look at some 33's on rims tomorrow that hayley found
93 2wd pos xj sport *sold*
89 nissan 240sx *wrecked*-03 Cbr954rr *traded*
2nd 89 nissan 240sx *sold*
lk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #168
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lk123 View Post
i was lazy ill get a red close to it when i take the time to look lol prob going to cut the wheel well back a bit and just put bolts in the holes, no plans on trimming anytime soon, but going to look at some 33's on rims tomorrow that hayley found
Cool man, you definately need new rubbers

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #169
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

steering and braking is going to suck balls tho, mpg's will too lol already bad enuff
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #170
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
i was lazy ill get a red close to it when i take the time to look lol prob going to cut the wheel well back a bit and just put bolts in the holes, no plans on trimming anytime soon, but going to look at some 33's on rims tomorrow that haley found
haha....had too :P. Why no trimming?
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #171
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
steering and braking is going to suck balls tho, mpg's will too lol already bad enuff
Steering and braking isn't that bad really, just go easy on them and its no big deal. If you do decide on running the 33s you're looking at get yourself a junkyard tranny cooler. Pull a few if you can, the cleaner the fluid looks the better.

Unread 05-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #172
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

havent hit them yet so y bother, pinch welds are barley above the rear almost not worth doing if its going to take a lot unless i start messing stuff up
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #173
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep89JV View Post
Steering and braking isn't that bad really, just go easy on them and its no big deal. If you do decide on running the 33s you're looking at get yourself a junkyard tranny cooler. Pull a few if you can, the cleaner the fluid looks the better.
do i even need one of those on a 5speed? oh yeah my steering and braking are horrible right now. i slide to a slow stop
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #174
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
do i even need one of those on a 5speed? oh yeah my steering and braking are horrible right now. i slide to a slow stop
Maybe pull some calipers while you're at the junkyard too . And yes of course you still will want a tranny cooler with a 5speed.

Unread 05-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #175
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

brakes are better now just feel better the harder i push lol
and no love for the xj on any upgrades. but i did buy it a sibling!

a 1994 limited grand cherokee v8 5.2

its going to be for towing,backup or if i wanna feel bada$$ with a v8 lol

check my sig for link if u peeps feel like checking it out
Unread 05-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #176
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
brakes are better now just feel better the harder i push lol
and no love for the xj on any upgrades. but i did buy it a sibling!

a 1994 limited grand cherokee v8 5.2

its going to be for towing,backup or if i wanna feel bada$$ with a v8 lol

check my sig for link if u peeps feel like checking it out
Swap the seats to and from your XJ

Unread 05-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #177
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

na i would just rather go out and get more seats if i do..
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #178
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

put stickers on my jeep

want a jf one for my xj and zj
Unread 05-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #179
justanotherjpr

I have a Jeepforum.com decal that i'll swap you for those stock UCA's!
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #180
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

ok, today?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.