Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

lk 93xj build

54K views 415 replies 32 participants last post by  lk123 
#1 ·
So its 10pm and im bored out of my mind,and i dont have a build tread yet after having my jeep for 9 months.

so here we go :D

first i found a jeep on craigslist for 2000, so i went and looked,drove it around the block. it drove rough as hell, shifting into gears grinds a bit *still does lol* head liner sagging, carpet nasty looking, and 225k........ so i told them 1400 after tax/lic/reg and they said ok....should have asked lower lol * ther was 2 other ppl ther looking at it too but i had cash.

when i bought it i was so excited i missed all this front end damage....lol

first thing i bought was seafoam,plugs,wires,rotor,cap,window cleaner,carpet cleaner, some tools

See less See more
#2 ·
next thing i did was scratched off this stupid nasa sticker...everyone kept making fun of me lol

but i like these stickers

then i ordered my first mod, and book

#4 ·
i havent tried to get in, if i do im afraid they might rip it off the jeep lol. saving for a bigger lift.....a while back i found out it came with a 3" lift on brand new bfg at 30's.......then while doing that i noticed this

#5 ·
so when i found that i started stripping out the jeeps interior.

wasn't to happy seeing a project since i didnt know anything about working on metal.

drives side was not bad

so i pulled it out and shoved it in the back. and went and asked my dad if i could use his tools.

#7 ·
Cut it out and re-weld. Its way too far along to use the converter on most of that. Cut out the whole portion around where the holes are and redo all that crap. On the less nasty stuff grind it down to bare metal prime it and use some of the rust converter or por-15.

Or you could just use the holes in the floorboard as a nasty trick for your buddies who ride with you. It will scare the hell out of a person to see the ground moving 60mph two feet from their boots.:2thumbsup:

#8 ·
you mean like this? lol i didn't just let it sit for 9 months, still updating up until now i got plenty of pics and a few videos ill be putting in here.

and this padding i cut up higher so its out of the way i didnt care for it

for the hole i cut up a old hood from a poniac 6000le that my sister totaled, and my dad helped me weld it into place.

#10 · (Edited)
soon after getting the floor fixed i took a break and for memorial day everyone went camping out near usk, wa

following some buddies on ther quads.

i pushed my way up the side of a mountain on a bike trial lol

ok first time useing 4x4 and everything so im such a newbie in this video

YouTube - my first time useing the jeep

everyone love pics yes? :D

#11 ·
lol looks like u had a good time, thats what its all about. its looking nice btw, in the 3rd pic from the bottom i was wondering why your wheels arent "flexing" mine dont either and i think theres something you have to detach but im not sure, maybe someone more experienced offroad can enlighten us

#12 ·
its the sway bars, i have been meaning to take out the back one and wait till i lift it more for front quick discos

#13 ·
then my friend rick and I took it out a couple weeks after getting back. out at seven mile orv park

#16 ·
mybe ill see u out ther sometime :D
oh so i went to hang out with a girl from my work and her husband and he was so excited i was into 4x4 he showed me the international he build from the ground up everything is custom and he finished it.....so now he WANTS to build a exo for my jeep and bumpers and put a snorkel on it too!!!! his work is very impressive. so he said in the warm weather he will do it for free just for fun :)

#21 ·
i didnt have to much of that stuff under my carpet, it was mostly rot and fell apart, i took a grinder and some cleaner to what was left

#22 ·
i had to do my floors like that to and they had alot of adhesive on them. i just made them disaper with a wire brush on an 1/2 drill:D

#23 ·
woot woot....so today a friend gave me a 12sub and a big amp, all i have todo is buy the box and cables!

#25 ·
i did it in freaking 90degree weather it was a pain, and yes it will stink for some time, mybe like 3 weeks or so, i left the windows down more the time too. but now thers no smell anymore

#30 ·
i just moved all the wireing out of the way while i lined and then put it back after it set, and make sure u have tape around every screw and bolt in your floor so you dont get any in the holes or on your bolts, its a pain to get out and off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.