Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Little Blue Build Thread

12K views 168 replies 16 participants last post by  paintball10148 
#1 ·
Hey guys I guess it's time I start my build thread and get some input on my build so far. I'm going to post what I've done and get everyone caught up to where the build is now. I've always been a zj guy but I bought my first xj last September and I can't go back to a grand now. Anyway, here are some specs on the xj.

1999 Cherokee sport
Aw4
Np242
Dana 30 and Dana 35

I picked her up with 159k on the clock and in need of some tires and a windshield for 2k.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel

See less See more
#62 ·
Went to the junk yard today to get some parts for my brothers zj since it got crunched on the trail and I spent the whole time under a Cherokee haha but I got some procomp coils and procomp lower control arms all for $70 :D

#63 ·
My brother took my xj while I was working and tested out the new tires in the fresh powder we are getting. The snow was so deep!

Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Wheel

#64 ·
Nice little build you have going here, love the tire choice your brother made, we run those on my dad's Silverado in the winter now.
What brand bedliner are you using? It looks like its holding up pretty well so far. I did the roll-on on my last XJ and it was a pain, so that's why I'm curious.

#65 ·
Yeh these tires are incredible to say the least. Busting fresh trail in 2 feet of powder without getting stuck is pretty impressive haha. Ill probably continue buying these tires from now on. I believe the bed liner is rustoleum brand and its the spray on stuff they sell at lowes, I did my quarters, doors, and fenders last summer and it hasn't flaked or faded one bit. The initial prep work plays a huge role in the longevity of it though.

#68 ·
I'll trade you grilles headlight bezels and take your old bumper off your hands. :D

#69 ·
Haha I love my color matched ****! You're welcome to my old bumper though its only got one dent haha

#72 ·
I set up an appointment to get a new windshield this weekend :D $250 seemed a little steep but it was the cheapest around and it's getting to the point where I can't see through all the cracks and pits in the glass haha way sketchy at night.

#74 ·
Yeh I called around and every shop was in the 240-300 range :/ so I went with safelite.

#76 ·
Shackle relocation brackets are on the way :D I've gotta throw in those new coils and control arms this weekend.

#80 ·
Note to self... Don't work on the jeep when you're too upset to concentrate. Had a small fire which almost became a huge fire because I crossed some wires hooking up my new switches.

#82 ·
Camfam07 said:
sucks man! sorry to hear about that^^ hope all is well, im sure you will get a new co-pilot to go on those fun rides with ya!
Thanks man, they say bad things come in 3's And id believe it. Had to put Sadie to sleep Saturday, jeep caught fire Sunday, and dislocated my shoulder at work today :/. But shackle relocation brackets should be here soon and I'm wheeling tomorrow so that's something to look forward to.

#83 ·
there ya go! yeah bad things come in 3's for sure, always happens to me that way as well, good thing is that once you get past those 3 you should have a great few days/weeks of good luck! maybe you will have an excellent wheeling time and do something you have never done before! get pics if you do some fun wheeling!

#84 ·
Wheeling was definitely needed. Didn't get a lot of pictures. Mostly *** shots from behind my jeep. But it was a good day! Hopefully some parts show up today or tomorrow and I can post some updates this weekend.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

Tire Car Snow Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Snow Car Dog Vehicle

#85 ·
Plant Wood Window Road surface Bumper

My brothers bumper from nates 4x4 came in today! Very cool. Also...

Rectangle Computer data storage Material property Font Automotive wheel system

These!

#86 ·
#87 ·
KG8893 said:
Hey post up some pics and results when you get those shackle brackets in. I've been thinking about getting a pair of those same ones with the 2" shackles as well.
Will do! It might be a week or two before I do it because I work too much and either this weekend or next weekend I'm picking up my new copilot (puppy) so after I get her I will have some updates on the jeep. I wanted to do it this past weekend but I worked on my brothers zj all weekend. Those zj doors are worthless. I swear everyone I see has sagging hinges and broken metal around the latch.

#88 ·
Take the doors off!! and I want pics of the new copilot too haha.

Sent from under my Jeep.

#89 ·
KG8893 said:
Take the doors off!! and I want pics of the new copilot too haha.

Sent from under my Jeep.
Haha yeh ill just tell him I'm not fixing his hinges, take the doors off, and ill buy him a coat. Haha I ran around all summer with the doors off my first zj.

Anyway here's the copilot!

Dog Carnivore Comfort Dog breed Companion dog

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Working animal

Her name is Mosey and she's 5 weeks so she's not quite ready yet. I have to drive to Kansas to get the little lady so that's why I'm waiting to put my shackle brackets, new coils, and control arms in. Right when I'm back though. :D

#90 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

Just cuz I was bored here is a current driveway shot. Desperately need to put in my new coils and shackle brackets!

On another note, heavy duty glass cleaner is the best thing ever. Left a Coke in my jeep and it froze then exploded everywhere. Lame... But that glass cleaner took it right off of everything, even my seats :D

#91 ·
Got a few poser shots with a buddy from my jeep club. I wanted to get my new parts in this weekend but it was so damn cold all I got done was wiring my lights up. :(

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.