lighting questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > lighting questions

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
nkxj99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

lighting questions

Ok - I know I am new to this forum, but I am not new to forums, and have searched for a while now - I am looking for pics or for experiences from someone who has roof lights mounted directly to the roof - not the rack or a light bar, but the actual roof itself. Can the metal even support these under highway speeds? I have a hankering to add some lighting to my xj but I shaved the roof rack, so that is not an option.
Also, sidebar - has anyone ever flush mount some reverse lights into the rear bumper (similar to what some tow trucks have)? Pics would be sweet, but not required.

nkxj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Ratrod
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't drill holes in the roof to add lights. I mounted an led light on my Yakima rack. For the back I installed a license plate frame with LEDs and hooked them up to the reverse lights. My experience with cuts and holes in the roof are cracks and leaks. Vleds?com sells the license plate frame with LEDs.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.