So in a followup to my earlier thread asking if it was possible to lighten up an M101a2
or if it was feasible without it. So, I found that there is about 100lbs of bracing on the bottom of the trailer box that can go if you weld the box to the frame instead of bolt it.
So I did that and decided I wanted to make it a little smaller, so here is what a couple hours of grinding, hammering, and cutting can produce. When I get the sides cut to match and welded up I'll put those up as well. Also found that by flipping the tongue tubes 180 that I'll be able to cut them back 12" and still have them pretty close together and then I'll box the front end in with the lunette sandwiched in there. It takes some time, but it is a lot cheaper than an M416 in this area. Also, I'll get a final weight before the axle swap and after when I get around to it.
It is now a 5.5' long bed by 4'2" and the tongue will be about 40" long from box to center of lunette.