Lift Parts List - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Lift Parts List

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
mac1029
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lift Parts List

So i have been collecting parts to do my 3"-3 1/2" lift to my 99 XJ. Which desparetly needs it due to the inverted rear stock springs. So far i have...
1. Pro Comp 3" front springs
2. Pro Comp 3 1/2" Leaf Packs
3. ordering shocks (Friday)
4. ordering adjustable tracbar (friday)
5. ordering new longer u bolts (friday)

Anything i should else i should be looking at? I do know about a t-case drop or SYE if needed but i will wait and see if i get any vibrations.
Also as soon as i get more funds some new black steelies and 31" tires will be coming my way.
Any and all input greatly appreciated.

mac1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lower control arms , and Extended Brake lines , Longer Swaybar links/ Disconects, Extended Bump stops . As for the T-Case Drop wait on it to see if you get vibrations . When your getting your shocks I would also get Bar Pin Eliminators
Unread 03-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
mac1029
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the input. As for the front i am going to relocate the current brake lines...The rear i had forgot about . Now i thought i could use my stock LCA (atleast for now) this is my DD and will see light wheeling while camping over the summer. And yes extended sway bar links will be orderd friday..
Unread 03-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1029 View Post
Thanks for the input. As for the front i am going to relocate the current brake lines...The rear i had forgot about . Now i thought i could use my stock LCA (atleast for now) this is my DD and will see light wheeling while camping over the summer. And yes extended sway bar links will be orderd friday..
Stocks LCA's will work but they are extremely weak and prone to bending. Relocating the Hard line is a way to get more length, But it is not a smart way to do it IMO. I perfer to run Extended Steel hoses in place of the rubber hoses
Unread 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
alexbl
1997 XJ Cherokee 

may want to consider upgrading the steering or at least a drop pitman arm to correct steering angles
alexbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbl View Post
may want to consider upgrading the steering or at least a drop pitman arm to correct steering angles
A dropped pitman arm is not needed until you hit 4.5" of lift the OP wants to run 32-33" tires you can achive that by Trimming with a 3" Lift
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
mac1029
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for all the input here. Since its my DD i and going to stick with 31" tires. As for steering upgrade i plan on that in the future. So i am just trying to make sure i have the basics for the lift.
and as we all know we just keep adding mods to improve the performace and handleing of our beloved XJ's
Unread 03-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #8
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1029 View Post
Thanks for all the input here. Since its my DD i and going to stick with 31" tires. As for steering upgrade i plan on that in the future. So i am just trying to make sure i have the basics for the lift.
and as we all know we just keep adding mods to improve the performace and handleing of our beloved XJ's
IF your going to stick with 31's take a look at my build it will save you some $ over a pre-packaged lift kit.
Unread 03-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

You shouldnt have any trouble with your stock LCA's at that height. Ran them when I was at 3" with no troubles, even done some pretty rough wheeling (enough to break things) and had no issues. Although, they ARE very weak. I believe Ive seen 70's era fenders that are thicker metal than what the stock LCA's are stamped out of. When I took mine out I couldnt believe they hadnt buckled the second they left the dealership. They looked and felt like toothpicks in comparison to my x-flex CA's.

Id recommend longer brake lines, but you wont have problems at that height in the meantime. And your drivetrain vibration is completely dependent on how moody your particular Jeep is. They are all different, but either way, a 1 inch tcase drop should solve your issues on that even in the worst of cases. Ive had 4 XJ's that were all at 3"s at one point or another, and none of them had vibes bad enough that a tcase drop wouldnt pretty much take care of. Those years were 92 (2 door), 96, 99, and 01. The 97+ seem to have a little more trouble with vibes, but for whatever reason, my 92 was so bad it wasnt even what I would call driveable without a tcase drop. All my XJ's ive owned have had the 8.25 rear with AW4.

Good luck with the build! XJ's OWNNNN
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.