Lift kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Lift kits

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 05-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
lax2696
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Lift kits

I Am looking for a 3.5 inch lift kit for my 93 Cherokee. I am a high-school student and don't have much of a budget. Any information would be appreciated including total kits shocks tires rims all of it. any thing would help
Thanks

lax2696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
jeepnphreak
1989 XJ Cherokee 

What is your budget?
you are looking at that majic lift height where you may get away with a t-case drop but you may need to get an SYE and new rear drive shaft which is like an extra $400-500.
there are many lifes out there. lifts can be done from a junkyard bastard pack (google it) or a pre made kit, most kits are $500-600+ ; it depends if you are OK with an add-a-leaf or whant to do the lift properly and get a full new leaf pack.
Are you looking for just lift height for a mall crawler to impress you buddies or are you looking to acctually useing your jeep; I am thinking fixed vs jonny joint control arms thats a difference of $200 give or take.
what size tires are you unltmatly looking at running. If you go much over 31s you may what to look at getting you jeep regeared (extra $800-1000).

94 yj: stock everything and 4 angry squarrels under the hood.
jeepnphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Jeeps are budget intensive. The higher you go the more it costs
How is your Cherokee failing you when off-roading? Maybe you just need better tires, or locked differentials?

As for lifts, Morris 4X4 has a good selection of kits:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-li...e-xj/index.htm
It's a good place to start.
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
lax2696
1993 XJ Cherokee 

thanks for the replys. I am looking for 31 inch tires and am actually going to use for 4 wheeling i am eventually going to put in locking diffs. and bigger axles but thats when i can afford it. My budget is around 500-800 and could get up to 1000 if and only if necessary. i have been looking at a rubicon express super flex short arm. And when is it Mandatory to put a SYE in.
lax2696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
1995_XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Every jeep is different. I know someone that didn't get any vibes at 4.5but, someone can put on a 4.5 and vibes a alot! The 97+ seem to have vibes at a lower lift then the pre97's it seems though.

Be aware, RE lift kits usually run higher, so that 3.5 may actually be a 4.5 for awhile then settle to a 4 inch unless you have a lot of weight in it. Also with RE, the leafs are pretty stiff, making it take a long time to settle, and even then at higher then advertised heights like I said before. Most people also run a spacer with them up front, IIRC a .75 inch is perfect

With 3.5 I would get longer shocks, which are another expense. I'm getting my bilsteins soon, but they are a little pricey. You get what you pay for with shocks though, all depends on how you want it to ride.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.