lift help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > lift help

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 04-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
cljr

lift help

hi guys i have a 2000 xj and i was going to buy a 4.5" re lift but with them reorganizing im thinking of going in a different direction. im not really sure which one that is though. rough country has a pretty nice setup but im not sure how good they are. if anyone has a rough country lift how do you like it? any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated. thanks

cljr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I would go with the rough country 4.5" X series lift. It is more complete than the RE lift, better quality and cost less. Rough country has a lot better customer service and warranty than RE, likely why they are out of business. The rough country lift has everything you will need other than the SYE cv rear driveshaft.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
MCObray

Rough Country or IronRockOffroad is what i'd go with if I were looking for a good, reasonably priced 4.5" lift kit.
Unread 04-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
blueridgexj98
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I got the RC 4.5 X series and i like it alot, good price for the complete package, great customer service and JF discount. Like xjfever no sye or driveshaft but comes with a tc drop i dont have any vibes with just the drop.
blueridgexj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cljr View Post
hi guys i have a 2000 xj and i was going to buy a 4.5" re lift but with them reorganizing im thinking of going in a different direction. im not really sure which one that is though. rough country has a pretty nice setup but im not sure how good they are. if anyone has a rough country lift how do you like it? any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated. thanks
I dont have an rough country lift but, i heard of great things about bds-suspension lift kits. I got an RE 2" lift kit and going to order 2-3" bds shocks.
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

BDS is where i would go if i had to do it all over again. The only problem i ran into with my RC 4.5 is the leaves would not give me the correct shackle angle. I would flex them, i would jump on them, nothing. Maybe i'm retarded, i dont know. but a lot of people have been able to get that to work out just fine. So for the money, it did its job. I am looking to replace their crappy Quick disco's, but they work much better than nothing at all thats for sure. So, If you can aford it i would say go BDS, as i've heard nothing but good about their lifts. But if you want to save some $$$ RC works out pretty well!

One Important note. DO NOT Rush through the control arm set up. that is important that you get it set correctly, and even!
Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

When I was looking at lifts, the big thing I didn't like about the RC 4.5 was that it came with a full 4.5" spring as compared to a 3.5" spring and a 1" shackle which will ride and flex a lot better than the 4.5" spring and stock shackle setup

My Build Thread
Wearingthin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #8
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearingthin View Post
When I was looking at lifts, the big thing I didn't like about the RC 4.5 was that it came with a full 4.5" spring as compared to a 3.5" spring and a 1" shackle which will ride and flex a lot better than the 4.5" spring and stock shackle setup
^^^^^ VERY TURE! I saw that rusty's had this, and i really didnt understand it at the time, Really wish i had gone that route instead!
Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Bedozx6r
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I went with the 4.5 x series lift from Rough Country. I love it. The rustys sticker is cause i got the cat back exhaust from them. And its not sitting on 33 1250 15 BFGoodrich ATs instead of the Swampers.
finished-jeep.jpg  
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Bedozx6r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #10
cljr

Thanks for all the advice I'm new to this so ill need all the help I can get! Money is a little tight with going to school that's why I was interested in the rought country setup cuz it isn't to expensive and plus I need to save some money for the other fun stuff
cljr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.