Life Without a Cherokee - 1 Month Later - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Life Without a Cherokee - 1 Month Later

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
Mihogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Life Without a Cherokee - 1 Month Later

Hi guys. Hope all is well in the XJ world! I miss my Jeep very much, but I am also very happy with my 2002 Subaru Outback.

What makes her different from my Cherokee are as follows...

PROS:
-Better gas mileage! I'm getting 23 mpg, versus the 15 in my Cherokee
-More trunk room, and more room with seats down for camping. I can finally stretch out, though I miss the tinted windows of the Xj...
-Standard transmission! My first one. I'm loving it
-Leather seats
-All weather package is great
-More speakers; my Jeep had 4, this car has 8
-2 sun roofs!

CONS:
-Lower ground clearance
-Forums suck! The Subie forums are nothing like our Jeep Forum. We are lucky to have such a large and helpful Jeep community. I kid you not, almost every response to my help question threads are "go to the dealership"
-This isn't an easy vehicle to work on. I knew so much about my Jeep and could do so much with just a box of ratchets and a screwdriver or two. The Sube is definitely different.
-Of course, it's not a Jeep

One final con... here is the irony. I thought I had a head gasket leak in my old Cherokee before I sold it. That is why I wanted to sell it originally, but when I found out it wasn't leaking after all, sold it anyway because of my newfound love for Subarus. Turns out, my Subaru has both head gaskets leaking!! Pretty bummed at first because I know its an expensive fix, but luckily these 2.5 L's leak externally - all it's doing is seeping oil, which isn't a big issue to me. Talking with the guys on the Subaru forums, many have the problem, and have dealt with them for years with no problems other than an oil leak. So, since I've only been driving for 3 years and this is my third vehicle, I figure I'll let it go

Here are some pics of the beauty! She's no Jeep, that's for damn sure, but I hope you guys can at least see why I love it!

It's funny, the lady I sold it to - the mom of a coworker - will probably keep my Jeep forever. I was talking to her husband, and he was saying she will probably keep it til one of them dies first - the Jeep or her! haha! So, with that in mind, I'm hoping one day, when I have my own place and have sufficient funds (currently a 19 year old, living at home, broke college kid) I can go back to her and possibly buy back my old baby! Maybe a stretch, but we'll see where life takes all of us.

Miss all of you and your amazing help. Thanks again for everything you all have helped me with. Good luck to you all! I'll be checking in here and there so no worries.

JCOD - Jeep Cherokee or Die!
Mihogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Mihogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Put the same stickers on it too, thought this was funny haha
jeepsube.jpg  

JCOD - Jeep Cherokee or Die!
Mihogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
TitletownZJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice subie. I bought my Mother-in-law one awhile back she loves it but not paying for the repairs. Watch the trans they seem to have a problem with those. other than that a subie is the only other vehicle I'd ever own besides a Jeep. If you wanna feel a little better check this out. http://www.jacksonrally.com/?page_id=17

Member of Titletown Jeepers
TitletownZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
TitletownZJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

No for real here ya go you should do this

Heres another

Member of Titletown Jeepers
TitletownZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thatd look BA with some tastefully done rally looking mods. That first pic titletown posted is sexy. Idk bout the 2nd... lol
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

sweet hippie mom mobile....did it come with one of those stick figure family stickers on the back?

glad to see you still checking in on us. don't be a stranger.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitletownZJ View Post

Heres another

Good luck with the subie man! Jealous of the 25 mpg and looks like it has lots of room inside. You'll be back in the Jeep game.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
FairlanePhil
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wrong forum Hippie. Go to the Dealer.

I kid.

I love subies. Then I open the hood.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.