Lets see the wildest, most extreme, or most stupid xjs... - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Lets see the wildest, most extreme, or most stupid xjs...

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #151
01RedDawn
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger

That's awesome!! What do you think it was used for?
No idea. Check out that front axle though. Still high and looks almost like a drop case for the axles.

01RedDawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #152
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RedDawn

No idea. Check out that front axle though. Still high and looks almost like a drop case for the axles.
They are called portal axles. Many used on military stuff. But I've never seen any that tall. Except on crop sprayers.
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #153
01RedDawn
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger

They are called portal axles. Many used on military stuff. But I've never seen any that tall. Except on crop sprayers.
Only place I have ever seen them is on crop sprayers. I just learned something new.I personally think that the idea of it is pretty cool. Way to get more ground clearance, probably break a gear or chain before to broke an axle
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #154
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
obese jeep
Wtf? Does that thing even drive? I must see more o_______o
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #155
BlueBadger

Quote:

Only place I have ever seen them is on crop sprayers. I just learned something new.I personally think that the idea of it is pretty cool. Way to get more ground clearance, probably break a gear or chain before to broke an axle
Check out omnimog. google D60 portal axles. You can get some Bolt on's that add around 5.5"
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #156
01RedDawn
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour

Wtf? Does that thing even drive? I must see more o_______o
You asked, you will receive. Found this on YouTube earlier. There's another video of it too.
YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #157
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Portals can be fun, but pricey. Im pretty sure most come with built in gear reduction. The ones on the Mighty FC concept run $60K EACH from ChryCo.

Or you can use unimog portals:

Unread 01-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #158
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://york.craigslist.org/cto/3546339807.html
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #159
Kevin108
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Portals can be fun, but pricey. Im pretty sure most come with built in gear reduction.

I think 6.53s are most common but yeah.
http://www.rockymountainmoggers.com/gears.html
Unread 01-25-2013, 03:29 AM   #160
dead2rollin
1996 XJ Cherokee 

im only doing this because my rig embarrassed me on thr very beginning of the trail last weekend... after replacing numerous parts, narrowed it down to either fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump...

10-12 mile drive to the trail and it died on me about 200 yards into it... so guess what... now ladies and gentlemen... we are now going to open this up to failures on the trail as well... if the photo doesnt show the failure, or even if it is does, add a little story as to what happened.. time to expand on life's many enjoyments lol
dead2rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #161
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead2rollin View Post
im only doing this because my rig embarrassed me on thr very beginning of the trail last weekend... after replacing numerous parts, narrowed it down to either fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump...

10-12 mile drive to the trail and it died on me about 200 yards into it... so guess what... now ladies and gentlemen... we are now going to open this up to failures on the trail as well... if the photo doesnt show the failure, or even if it is does, add a little story as to what happened.. time to expand on life's many enjoyments lol
We should do what people do with their dogs when they do something bad. Make the Jeep hold up a sign explaining the bad deed it did. Like "im in timeout cause I blew a tranny line and left my owner stranded" haha
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #162
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy
Portals can be fun, but pricey. Im pretty sure most come with built in gear reduction. The ones on the Mighty FC concept run $60K EACH from ChryCo.

Oh yes!!
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #163
dead2rollin
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
We should do what people do with their dogs when they do something bad. Make the Jeep hold up a sign explaining the bad deed it did. Like "im in timeout cause I blew a tranny line and left my owner stranded" haha
lol it was a salvaged day in my buddies jk, but if it had been totally ruined, i prolly would have pushed it off the shore cliff lol.... but nah i love my jeep and wouldnt trade it for anything.... damn that does sound like something you would do with a dog hahaha
Unread 01-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #164
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #165
dead2rollin
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsun View Post
totally awesome!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.