LED Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > LED Lights

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
BobbyJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

LED Lights

I got the urge to add some pizazz to my '99 XJ. I'm thinking I'd like to change out my tail lights to LED, but I can't find anything aftermarket. I also would mind making the headlights brighter. Any ideas on the LED tail lights? If no one makes LED lights for an XJ, what else looks really good? Any ideas on replacement headlights?

BobbyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
jcooklock
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Check out this site. I pan on doing the same thing myself
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/t...FQYw4AodSEQAEA
by JDNightFox - The terminal velocity of the square headlights is directionally preportional to the force of gravity decelerating the front wheels while the alternator is spinning at 3000 rpm's, minus the friction of the bumper pushing against the airflow with the 13 volt current the steering column is using during the time the vacuum motor is disengaged, but the mirrors must be directionally angled from the driver's window because the hood latches deflect the light refractioning down through the Nitrogen coat on the hood.
jcooklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Agony Wagon
Anti-Seizeaholic

1995 XJ Cherokee 

For headlights, you can drop like, $800 for some HIDs, or if you're handy, do a retro-conversion for less than half that. Or you can buy some LED headlights for about $500, but I don't know that the light output is as good as it is with HIDs. If you want to go cheaper, then you can get some Autopal or other quality H4 conversion housings, upgrade your wiring harness (DIY or buy one made by Putco), and go with regular 100/80W bulbs (questions of legality aside) for under $100. You can get "Euro" tail light housings, but IDK if they come with or work well with LEDs.

Do some searching. If you want to do an HID retro-conversion, you'll probably find more how-to's on other sites, but there's a little bit of info on here.

Here are some links I've collected:
HID upgradeInterior LED lightingHeadlight harness
Agony Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
BobbyJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This is great info jcooklock and Agony Wagon. I like the LED replacement lights (about $25 a pop) for the existing bulbs. It seems that if one gets them in red, they'll do alright. Wow, there is no cheap way to get more headlight power! This is all such great info. Thanks!
BobbyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
jcooklock
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Your welcome dude.
by JDNightFox - The terminal velocity of the square headlights is directionally preportional to the force of gravity decelerating the front wheels while the alternator is spinning at 3000 rpm's, minus the friction of the bumper pushing against the airflow with the 13 volt current the steering column is using during the time the vacuum motor is disengaged, but the mirrors must be directionally angled from the driver's window because the hood latches deflect the light refractioning down through the Nitrogen coat on the hood.
jcooklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
squirlgod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJ View Post
This is great info jcooklock and Agony Wagon. I like the LED replacement lights (about $25 a pop) for the existing bulbs. It seems that if one gets them in red, they'll do alright. Wow, there is no cheap way to get more headlight power! This is all such great info. Thanks!
You can get aftermarket housings that take regular H4 bulbs and an aftermarket harness to get enough juice to them. Heres the setup I have on mine and I like it.

Housings: http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-00342729...words=hella+H4

Bulbs: http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-HLA-H831...=pd_sim_auto_3

harness: http://www.amazon.com/Putco-230004HW...=pd_sim_auto_1

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.