just a continuation of a canopy week... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > just a continuation of a canopy week...

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
PAXJ98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

just a continuation of a crappy week...

Sitting in my xj, waiting for the tow truck... just suddenly died on me with no warning... hope it's not too expensive... update when I know more.

forumrunner_20110814_103707.jpg  
Unread 08-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Adam
1987 XJ Cherokee 

I feel ya bud, not a good feeling seeing your xj up on a tow truck
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i feel your pain. :/

back when I realized my brakes were a little to crusty for me to deal with and we broke a brakeline in the old brake cylinder

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Send some of that rain down south. 34 days without it so far and it is hot and dusty. Sorry to hear about the jeep and hope it is something minor.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
PAXJ98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

With my luck, everything from the engine to the tape deck is probably broken... oh wait, the tape deck is already broken

In that case, it's probably my antennae. lol...

Also, that's supposed to be "just a continuation of a crappy week", but auto-correct on the phone decided it didn't like the word crappy I guess...
Unread 08-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
Driftwood7
2004 WK 

I feel ya I had to get mine towed on Friday. found out that I some how managed to break two of the bolts that hold the transmission and engine together. Hope I didn't make anything worse by driving it longer than I should have.
Driftwood7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
PAXJ98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Still no update as to what's wrong - they only got it into the shop today, apparently backed up with others...
Unread 08-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
PAXJ98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

And the winner is.... crank shaft sensor... Apparently if one goes, they all go, and basically every computer stops working. Luckily the guy that runs the place has seen this before, and took care of it without me having to pay for someone to diagnose it eventually (time = $$$). Too bad he wasn't in time to stop the first guy that looked at it from tooling around for an hour and finding nothing. Oh well, such is life, and the XJ rolls ever onward.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.