Jobsite Jeep Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Jobsite Jeep Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I finally received my housings in the mail. Since I had a few minutes, I got everything installed before leaving for Boston.

Stock wiring with sealed Wagner housings/bulbs, parked roughly one XJ's length from the wall: image-3363310910.jpg

10 gauge wiring harness with sealed Wagner housings/bulbs, parked roughly 25 feet from the same wall: image-3842847508.jpg

Upgraded harness with IPF housings and Hella 100/55w bulbs, parked 75 feet from the same wall: image-3678878253.jpg

I thought I had a photo of the high-beam, which is too strong to use with anyone on the road. I'll have to snap a new one another time.

Housings: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LQCIR2/..._ACdKsb16B3CJS
Bulbs: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COBLJI/..._fEdKsb11XZR51

Maine's headlight regulations: "A headlight capable of furnishing more than 4 candlepower, if equipped with a reflector, may not be used unless the headlight is designed, equipped or mounted so that no portion of the beam of light, when projected 75 feet or more ahead, rises above a plane of 42 inches higher than and parallel with the level surface on which the vehicle stands."

Agility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I got my 703 fuel injectors in before the sun went down today. Install went pretty smoothly. I wasn't able to disconnect the fuel line from the rail so I had to pry the old injectors out and push the new ones in without bending the fuel line too much or too frequently. I had forgotten about lubing the o-rings when I was at Napa but luckily I found some vegetable oil in the kitchen.The job took an hour but if I had to go out and do it again it would take half as long. More initial research might have made it more efficient.

Now I'll reset my UltraGauge and start monitoring my MPGs to see if there is any change. So far I can tell this was a definite on-ramp mod. Acceleration feels better than it did before I got my 31" Toyos. Very zippy.

I got my 703 injectors from eBay user "leah7306" for about $130. The stock injectors I pulled out were actually quite clean, as were the holes out of which they came.
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds good, so you get a better/faster acceleration time? Seems like something I'd look into doing myself
Faster response would be fun aha
As mines more of a DD then anything
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #19
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerXJ
Sounds good, so you get a better/faster acceleration time? Seems like something I'd look into doing myself Faster response would be fun aha As mines more of a DD then anything
Yeah, I wish I had done a 0-60 time before I did the swap but my driveway caught some sun today and it was a spur of the moment project. I definitely have a faster acceleration and better response now. I especially noticed major improvements in two stretches of road that I drive several times a day. The first is a turn onto a fairly steep hill and the second is an uphill on-ramp requiring a two-lane shift almost immediately. In both cases I no longer felt like I was lacking power, or like my 31s on 3.07 gears are holding me back.

Don't get me wrong, it's no speed machine, but it is a lot better. After two blocks I decided it was a worthy mod, regardless of what happens with the MPG.

I'll run it like this for a month or so and then add a bored out throttle body.
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #20
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ah, yeah ill definitely do this, seems like It'd be a decent investment
Thanks!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.