Jeep Stolen - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Jeep Stolen

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #31
Sweetjackal
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got my XJ stolen from my driveway Thanksgiving morning.
Nothing like a call from the local po-po @ 4 am.

They jacked the passenger door lock, then the ignition cylinder.
Probably took less than 30 seconds and they were gone.
Fortunately... or unfortunately depending on how you look at it... they dumped it 3 blocks away when they realized i parked it with no Gas

00 WJ Limited - 4.7L Quadra-Crap, 3" IRO lift kit, JK Sahara 32's. Urban Wheeler / Daily Driver
Sweetjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
AustinTexasXJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeepforum is a powerful website and there are jeepers everywhere you know, if you post the picture of the jeep on here it is more likely to be recognized somewhere. higher chance of getting it back??

>Blue Lucy 97 TJ< Sold.
>STACY 99 WJ<Sold.
>800 Dollar XJ build.< Check it out.
>1997 BMW 318ti< my 35mpg DD

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Xbox live Gamer Tag : BMW Alive 01XJ
Former Nightcrew member #266(RIP 01/28/09 - 07/22/09) www.nightcrew.org
JFI member #2

>>>>>CHECK OUT Www.illuminationleds.bigcartell.com<<<<<
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #33
husker88jeep
1988 XJ Cherokee 

i've had my jeep stolen before. one night when i was managing a Village Inn restaurant. i went to let my closing crew out and noticed my jeep was missing.. they found it 3 days later down in the "hood" of omaha. all my personal belongings were missing but the Jeep was intact except the steering column. When I picked it up at the impound lot, the guy there showed me how easy it is to steal a jeep by bending the steering column locking mechanism up and busting out a piece of the right side of the column and used a screwdriver to start it up... hang in there.. I bet it comes up soon.. but yeah.. it sucks and the feeling of helplessness really bothered me even though I had full coverage at the time.
husker88jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #34
danno627
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I don't have any "full" shots of the jeeps. Just the little one in my profile and a bunch of partial body shots covered in decorations from my wedding. I did buy a used CRV last night though. If the jeep turns up maybe I'll still keep it. I hope that whoever took it has a hard time with whatever they do with it. If they sell the engine I hope that the coolant loss was definitely the head.
danno627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #35
LostJeeper

Dang sorry about your luck and sorry that you will be leaving the jeeping world. Maybe you will return to us soon.
LostJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #36
danno627
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostJeeper View Post
Dang sorry about your luck and sorry that you will be leaving the jeeping world. Maybe you will return to us soon.
I loved my Jeep. The power it had was way more than adequate, the turning radius was AMAZING, the body styling was awesome, and it was way easy to keep running. I still want it back. But If I ever bought "another" jeep, it would be a pickup; not necessarily a Comanche.
Unread 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #37
danno627
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I just got a call from the police stating that they had found my jeep. They did not give me any details. I will head to the police station after work to take care of the paperwork and hopefully see it.
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #38
danno627
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Whoever stole it has been driving it around town with different plates... for a year. The police only recovered it because the thieves hit something and ditched it. No plates, no VIN tags. Cops tore the inside apart.

I REALLY missed this thing. I replaced it with a newer Honda CR-V, and it has more bells and whistles, but it doesn't compare. Such a shame.

P.S. my 3 month old Borla Stainless Steel Cat-back is still on it!
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg  
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #39
threeb

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Okay I have to ask, do you think you ever saw and "thought man that looks just like mine, I miss my old jeep"?
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #40
danno627
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
Okay I have to ask, do you think you ever saw and "thought man that looks just like mine, I miss my old jeep"?
Every time I passed one I made sure it wasn't mine. I was shocked to get a call from the police, and even more shocked that it had been driven the entire time it was gone.
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #41
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Obvious gun stickers are actually a pretty good deterrent as long as you don't live somewhere like NYC or IL where people know you can't shoot them under just about any circumstances. Hell, when I lived in the city I left used range targets hanging on my front door and we were about the only house on that block that never had anyone try to break in.

Someone looking to steal your Jeep is looking for something quick and safe. They're not going to take a bigerg risk over an old, cheap vehicle.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #42
danno627
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I finally went to see it this afternoon. (my parents saw it last night, they couldn't wait). The thing was used as a family vehicle. It had tools, but also kids karate uniforms and toys. They even did an oil change (fram ugghh). My guess is that they were illegals, and needed a car that didn't need to be registered.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.