Jeep Stolen - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Jeep Stolen

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
xGArfx
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You never know the person who stole it could end up just dumping it off somewhere after a crime or something like that. I know someone whos truck got stolen and about two weeks later it was found abandoned by police in a crummy area, only thing missing was the radio and some cash inside.... they even left the ipod and laptop in the back seat!! Dumb robbers.... hope yours turns up man, def try to post up some pics of the jeep as I'm not to sure the xj is a "valuable" car that people want to "chop up" these days.

xGArfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #17
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I freaking hate thieves and I really don't trust the government to punish them appropriately so they best hope I never catch one sealing from me just saying.

Anyhow in addition to eBay and craigslist I would give scrap dealers and junkyards in your area a pic of your rig and it's vin#.

Guys we are constantly seeing post of stolen Jeeps. I'm going to recommend we batten down the hatches against these low lives.

Install hidden kill switches not hard to do.

Install an alarm if you can't afford to rig up something that will make lots of noise if someone is trying to steal your rig. A relay on a hidden switch outside your rig triggered by the dome light to kick in the horn would do wonders.

There are tons of things we can do to stop from being easy picking for these people.

Same thing goes for those that have Jeeps with removable doors. Use your imagination to make some sort of a door alarm if you can't afford an alarm.

We have to realize our Jeeps are a big target and we need to combat this kind of crap.

danno627, I hope you find your rig in one piece. I understand about the gas thing and not really wanting something that gets as bad of mileage. If you chose to not get another Jeep right now I hope one day you will get another when you have funds to buy a toy that does not have to be your DD.

Best of luck to you.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
Callelle
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Remington 1180 = my security system
Callelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #19
whitexj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callelle View Post
Remington 1180 = my security system
But when people steal things they don't go up to the owner and tell them they are stealing it.
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
Callelle
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitexj98 View Post
But when people steal things they don't go up to the owner and tell them they are stealing it.

1180 + alarmed garage

Fixt
Callelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:42 AM   #21
danno627
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenez1 View Post
"You" knowing your body panels "Won't" help "others" from possibly recognizing "Your" jeep for you. How bout a description of any unique things.
Yes I realize this. As I said I don't have pictures, except for the one in my profile. I is a 2001, the lighter blue offered (I think called steel blue metallic), had a dent in the front left fender right on the body line that ran the length of the body. Borla stainless steel exhaust(brand new). Only had the Cherokee spot badge on the passenger door. Headliner had a small tear over the rear passenger seat.
danno627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #22
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

keep us posted.
I hope you find it, and the people who jacked it.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:42 AM   #23
Ibnzmonkey
2002 KJ Liberty 

Robinson Arms XCR 6.8 is my security system, Also hidden hill switch.

I don't know what I would do if my Jeep got snatched. I love it so much, I mean, I have my Genesis to fall back to but still. Its my Jeep.
Ibnzmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey View Post
Robinson Arms XCR 6.8 is my security system, Also hidden hill switch.

I don't know what I would do if my Jeep got snatched. I love it so much, I mean, I have my Genesis to fall back to but still. Its my Jeep.
Hill switch? Hyundai???? haha!
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #25
Ibnzmonkey
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
Hill switch? Hyundai???? haha!
I meant kill switch. Whats the problem with a 312 hp rwd affordable coupe?
Unread 02-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #26
Flyordie
1985 XJ Cherokee 

lol, no one would want to steal my Jeep. :-p

In case it ends up ever being stolen though, I got a rather nifty trick of finding it... I have a powered GPS Transceiver somewhere in the Jeep and its L-ID number is written down and registered with me and 911. It gets stolen, I call 911 and they give me the exact location.

Its self powered for up to 72-76hrs, so even if they disconnect the battery.. I can still find the bastards.

Anyway, what I would do in your situation, start calling neighboring police stations and making sure they have your Jeep's info. In some cases, the thief isn't local and is just driving through or hitchiking and just happened to see your Jeep and thought it would be nice to have it.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #27
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey View Post
I meant kill switch. Whats the problem with a 312 hp rwd affordable coupe?
Ohh ok haha! No problem if thats what you want, I probably would never get a Hyundai for a fast car to drive around in though.....
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #28
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
lol, no one would want to steal my Jeep. :-p

In case it ends up ever being stolen though, I got a rather nifty trick of finding it... I have a powered GPS Transceiver somewhere in the Jeep and its L-ID number is written down and registered with me and 911. It gets stolen, I call 911 and they give me the exact location.

Its self powered for up to 72-76hrs, so even if they disconnect the battery.. I can still find the bastards.

Anyway, what I would do in your situation, start calling neighboring police stations and making sure they have your Jeep's info. In some cases, the thief isn't local and is just driving through or hitchiking and just happened to see your Jeep and thought it would be nice to have it.
Whats the brand name of that GPS thing and how much do they normally cost to get or have installed/ set-up??
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #29
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
Ohh ok haha! No problem if thats what you want, I probably would never get a Hyundai for a fast car to drive around in though.....
agreed..
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #30
Ibnzmonkey
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
agreed..
I'm pretty sure I never said it was "t3h fastest". It's just a good reliable RWD coupe. The motor has plenty enough power for me. My main squeeze is my XJ though.

Now, back on topic.

I need to invest in some sort of real alarm system. I keep seeing shady looking people looking at my jeep in my apartment complex.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.