JcrOffroad Protyping: Crusader Roof Rack! Revisted! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > JcrOffroad Protyping: Crusader Roof Rack! Revisted!

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 07-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #61
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

You do realize we are a legit company right? This isn't some guy in his garage with a hobby welder and a harbor freight bender!

Our operating costs are $75 an hour, per employee. That's what we have to make to break even and keep our doors open.

I'm more than willing to listen to criticism, however when it comes to pricing, I can't give you what you want. We are offer this product, priced where it is. If it works for you, great! If not, there are plenty of options out there that probably can.

We run a successful American based business. We don't rack in cash like everyone wants to believe. The cost of doing business is much more than 'that's $30 in steel'.

This is our last response regarding pricing. If you have suggestions or questions about the actual product, we'd be happy to answer/listen to them.

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #62
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, there's a lot of attacks on here. Guess that's the good part of having a conversation with people you'll never meet in real life.

It's A-OK to have your own opinion and share it accordingly, but there is a difference between saying your peace and un-loading your clip. If you two really are up in arms about a freaking roof rack I wouldn't even want to hear your political views or talk about world events due to the risk of suffocation from other views being forced down my throat. Take a step back everyone once in a while and really Think before you say something, it rarely does harm.

It may be a weird thing to say round these parts but some folks like Cherokees for more than just the initial cost to own. Yes they are cheap, which draws a certain crowd, but it has more appeal than just a 4x4 that won't easily die.

To keep things on topic it's a nice rack guys, the flat rear probably helps with wind drag and fitting larger stuff to the roof.
I like it. Not my exact cup of tea, but it's nice none the less.

Keep up the good work guys n Haters gunna hate.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #63
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

I understand you all are running a business and there's overhead, but you're not the only American company building what you're building and you're not competitively priced for what you offer. If you can't take criticism or run a business model that allows you to compete in your field then perhaps it's time to do something else. My comments weren't an insult or a jab, they're my opinion. If you don't want it then post in the vendor section where your products and prices can't be criticized and not in a discussion section.

You're charging custom prices for a production item and getting upset because people are giving you opinions you don't want to hear and then insulting people because you're getting negative feedback. Remind me again why I should spend over $700 at your place of business?
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #64
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Psss hey pssss, they arnt going out of business. More like expanding their line up, it's a good enough company that they have capital to move onward. Logic says not every person out there shares the same thoughts as those stated here.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #65
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
I understand you all are running a business and there's overhead, but you're not the only American company building what you're building and you're not competitively priced for what you offer. If you can't take criticism or run a business model that allows you to compete in your field then perhaps it's time to do something else. My comments weren't an insult or a jab, they're my opinion. If you don't want it then post in the vendor section where your products and prices can't be criticized and not in a discussion section.

You're charging custom prices for a production item and getting upset because people are giving you opinions you don't want to hear and then insulting people because you're getting negative feedback. Remind me again why I should spend over $700 at your place of business?
Your post is only valid if JCR was posting about having income issues. The cost of doing business in North America keeps going up, and at a significant rate, yet everyone wants to spend less. I'm actually a little surprised it's only 75 bucks an hour per guy to keep the doors open. I'd say they are doing something right.

I've looked, they are the only company making something as nice as this. Most are generic crap.

You do not need to spend any money with any company, part of what makes the economy go round is that you can do buy from someone else.

Oh, and when I asked a shop to custom make a rack that looks like the JCR, I was told 900 bucks and he would need my jeep for a few days.

PS, I would love to see the shipping to Canada fixed. A weld it up yourself kit might be a good option for shipping up here if that is possible?
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #66
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I can understand the younger crowd feeling a bit of sticker shock in regard to pricing of quality work and materials. This isn't really marketed towards high school incomes and can't even be compared against something like a Surco rack. As a guy with a custom made high quality tube rack on my jeep, I don't find the cost here out of line. $75/hr labor rates for a legitimate shop means someone is doing decent job of holding costs down.
brimy, don't take personally the comments from those who don't really understand what they're talking about.
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #67
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Alright to help with the issue I really have with it.

If I order the following:
XJ-RCK-B
XJ-RCK-PRE
XJ-RCK-S
XJ-RCK-TM

RCKMNTS

The total is 686.00 before shipping. Now, are those options bolt on or not? Because in your pictures online (of the prototyped rack) it's welded together.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #68
JcrOffroad
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Alright to help with the issue I really have with it.

If I order the following:
XJ-RCK-B
XJ-RCK-PRE
XJ-RCK-S
XJ-RCK-TM

RCKMNTS

The total is 686.00 before shipping. Now, are those options bolt on or not? Because in your pictures online (of the prototyped rack) it's welded together.
The prototype and the pictures online show the pieces bolted together. There are parts that are welded to complete each bolt on part.

This picture shows how the light bar is bolted on 2 bolts each side.

In this picture you can see the 2 bolts that mount the sides in place at the front.

2 more in the rear.

4 button heads hold the adjustable tire mount in place.

There is a considerable amount of hardware/fasteners for this rack. As we prototyped the rack from the beginning everything was built and designed around being modular (bolt-on) and people being able to get the rack they want.
JcrOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #69
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did you guys do away with the extension option?
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #70
JcrOffroad
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Did you guys do away with the extension option?
Yes, We decided to only have the 70" option instead of the original 55" + 15" extension. As we plan to use this rack as a platform for other vehicles you may see other sizes come to fruition, but no promises.
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #71
T-REXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I can understand the younger crowd feeling a bit of sticker shock in regard to pricing of quality work and materials. This isn't really marketed towards high school incomes and can't even be compared against something like a Surco rack. As a guy with a custom made high quality tube rack on my jeep, I don't find the cost here out of line. $75/hr labor rates for a legitimate shop means someone is doing decent job of holding costs down.
brimy, don't take personally the comments from those who don't really understand what they're talking about.
Im not on a high scool budget but you all are probably rite, my apologies. It is a amazing roof rack, I understand from a fabrication standpoint what you all are talking about budgeting, not so much budgeting
T-REXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #72
Xride

I would love to see the shipping to Canada fixed. A weld it up yourself kit might be a good option for shipping up here if that is possible?
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #73
JcrOffroad
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride View Post
I would love to see the shipping to Canada fixed. A weld it up yourself kit might be a good option for shipping up here if that is possible?
Unfortunately we can't calculate shipping to Canada on our website so you have to call in or email for a quote for that, so give us a call 269-353-1184 or email us at info@jcroffroad.com. A weld together kit will not save anything on shipping so don't expect that to happen in the future .
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #74
JcrOffroad
Vendor

Thanks for the orders Jeep forum!!

Last edited by JcrOffroad; 10-17-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #75
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

On one hand I appreciate JCR's willingness to stand-up for themselves instead of spewing generic placations at anyone with a concern or criticism. On the other hand, JCR's responses had so much "snarl" to them that my confidence in customer service is slightly shaken, and I hesitated to make this post voicing a small thought I had about the design of this rack.

Anyway, my thought was that if this rack is all about modularity (I love the idea and wish other companies would play around with it), in the rare event that someone wanted the base and the sides without the front hoop, it would look a bit awkward because the sides seem to be designed under the assumption that the hoop will be there. I'm not sure what could be done or if JCR really even cares, but I figured I'd mention it because in my mind modularity means that every option can stand on its own and have a "complete" look to it without requiring any of the other options. Yes, the sides can be bolted on without the hoop, but it would look incomplete.

This thought arose from the fact that I could really use a rack someday, but I have no need for a bunch of excess lighting. That hoop would stand too tall to be of much use to someone like me, so I'd probably not get it at all. Frankly, I have very similar concerns and questions about pricing that Motorcharge has and will probably buy someone else's product in the end, but that decision hasn't arrived yet.

New sig rules suck.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.