JCR Products - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > JCR Products

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #31
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks guys. I think Ill look into AJ's after all his SlikRok is

- RCX 3in lift, RC Tracbar, RC Steering Stabilizer.
GoldenClassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #32
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I've got the stage 2 rear bumper and I've had it for about 2.5 years now. Everything lined up perfectly, I had to persuade it a bit but that's because a Cherokee flexes like a gymnast. I was planning on getting a winch bumper from them but then I picked up a Nate's Slimline second hand for cheap.
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #33
monkeyevil
Vendor

If anyone reading this thread has any questions or concerns regarding our products, feel free to call or e-mail me directly and ask.

269-353-1184
daryl@jcroffroad.com
~Daryl
Unread 07-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #34
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I've got the JCR Stage 1 front bumper and stage 2 rear....don't have anything bad to say about either. Usually whenever someone writes a review it is because they're unhappy. Many people forget to write reviews or give feedback when they're happy with what they got.
Unread 07-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #35
RoyalXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

stage 3 sliders fit perfect. they were build to fit my exact setup
Unread 07-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #36
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I just got my stage 2 rear today. Ordered it last sunday or monday. Welds looks awesome. Not at all what I expected from the bad reviews I read but I will say for the $296 shipped with the sale it is the cheapest good looking bumper available right now. I can't say how the fit is yet but I'll try to remember to update. I'll be pulling a trailer with mine and that was the main reason for buying a bumper. I didnt want a low hanging hitch. From the looks of it I'm sure it will do the job. Only hauling my bike.
03 ZX6R stunt bike
mhardw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #37
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhardw3 View Post
I just got my stage 2 rear today. Ordered it last sunday or monday. Welds looks awesome. Not at all what I expected from the bad reviews I read but I will say for the $296 shipped with the sale it is the cheapest good looking bumper available right now. I can't say how the fit is yet but I'll try to remember to update. I'll be pulling a trailer with mine and that was the main reason for buying a bumper. I didnt want a low hanging hitch. From the looks of it I'm sure it will do the job. Only hauling my bike.
i hope you got the rear frame rail tie in brackets. the factory bumper bolts are not safe to haul from
Unread 07-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #38
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnapsak View Post
i hope you got the rear frame rail tie in brackets. the factory bumper bolts are not safe to haul from
These are included with all of our rear XJ bumpers.

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #39
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yes I put on the brackets. Thats one of the reasons I ordered a JCR is they came with it. Everything lined up perfect. The only way I can see it not lining up is if you tighten the frame rail bolts all the way before bolting them to the bumper. Put them in snug, then put on the bumper and tighten it, line them up with a punch or screwdriver, then crank them down. The outside of the bumper sticks out past the quarter panel on both sides about 1/8"(The thickness of the bumper is how far). I'm assuming its so when you add quarter armor it matches up

I ran into one problem. The top of the outside area of the bumper was touching my taillights enough where I had to remove them to get the bumper on. Then when reinstalling the holes were off about 1/16" maybe. About half the hole for the bolts were covered by the taillight housing, I couldnt get it down far enough. A couple swings with a hammer had the problem fixed in about 20 seconds.

I had the bumper cleaned off, primed, painted, old bumper removed, new bumper on in under 2 hours. Did it in my driveway with hand tools.

03 ZX6R stunt bike
mhardw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #40
david92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i love my jcr stage 3 front bumper, im in michigan and received the bumper in under a week, i also got the tie ins. everything lined up very easily, the only thing that doesnt line up are a few holes on the passenger side framerails, however it is clearly stated on their website that you have to drill out those holes in order to use them (which is why those bolts are not included with the tie ins.. i assume). i cleaned it with acetone because bare metal is going to be dirty... then a light sand to scuff the surface followed by a couple coats self etching primer and a top coat of rustoleum truck bed liner. i dont have any complaints about the bumper at all. the hardest part of the install had to be lining the steering box bolts up because the original spacer was broken into about 10 pieces (i later found out that JCR actually makes those spacers too!)
david92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #41
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimy311 View Post
These are included with all of our rear XJ bumpers.
any word on a rear bumper for people who have done the rear cut and fold mod? im in the market for a rear bumper but all i see that do protect under the quarter look like poop doo doo

also... how about bolt on tube flares?!?!
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #42
Joies
2001 XJ Cherokee 

@david92xj

Glad to hear that. I just ordered that bumper last week when they had the 20% off sale. Can't wait to put it on.
Joies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #43
bmac13sv
2000 XJ Cherokee 

ummm JCR is awesome. I got their stage 3 front, then got their stage 3 rear and rear quarter guards. Check it out. The hole matched up fine, it was good customer service and i got my items in 2 DAYS! I would recommend their product to anyone.
dscn1005.jpg   dscn1007.jpg   dscn1010.jpg   dscn1024.jpg   dscn1028.jpg  

Jeep XJ. 3.5" Full spring pack Rusty's suspension. aFe cold air intake. 33x12.5x15" BFG TA KO's on Cragar Soft 8's. 60mm TB. JCR Offroad Stage 3 Front and Rear Bumpers. New 4.0L (victim of 0331 head). aFe cold air intake. Dynomax Catback.
BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/bmacs-2000-xj-build-1292498/
bmac13sv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumpers , jcr offroad , jcr offroad bumpers , quality

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.