JCR Products - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > JCR Products

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i like my front nates4x4, it was cheap and simple and its a recovery point. sometime in the future for me is a detours usa tailbone, and some jcr or aj's sliders. if i were to redo my front bumper decision, i would get a logans metal products bumper. but if i all of a sudden came into a lot of cash, i would get the aj's prerock bumper or an arb

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #17
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnapsak View Post
IMO RIGID has the best looking, strongest, best customer service. im planning on going with one of his rear bumpers when i get some cash in my "Fun Account"
Good idea. Mine is beefy as hell and looks better than any XJ bumper I've seen.
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #18
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicNelson View Post
I have their stage II sliders. I wouldn't hesitate to try any of their other products.
I also have their stage 2 sliders and they fit perfectly. I also have a rear bumper and tank skid for my XJ. All with no issues.

Maybe I should write some more reviews...

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
Chelsea
The clocks ticking, pops.

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have ordered from JCR several times and have never had any problems with them. I have always had good experiences with their customer service, and my items always arrive within a week. My upper quarter panel guards were here in two days, bumper in five. Everything is built solid, the welds are great, all the mounting holes lined up perfectly, and everything fit well. They arrived on my doorstep wrapped in cardboard and plastic wrap, just like I expected (not sure why stuff being dirty is an issue?). From my personal experience, I'd give them a 5/5 (and no, I am not affiliated with them in any way). Just a very satisfied customer, and I plan on ordering my sliders from them as well.

2005 WK Limited, 5.7 hemi, QDii, aFe intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Taylor shorties, Diablosport tuned

1999 XJ Sport, trail rig, lots of goodies
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #20
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I saw the review on this site. It was in the review section under armor. It was the review by Paraleyes.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f234/...ge-1-2-771283/

This is the review I read that made me think differently of JCR but I guess it would be fine to buy from these guys. You guys convinced me to keeping going the JCR route.

Now, do which stage do you guys have? Im looking for something to simply exchange my stock bumpers for. The sliders are the most important to me so I think Im set with the stage 2 or 3 depending on how much money I can save up. I could use detours usa back bone if i want a winch down the road.

I guess Ill ask more on this in my build thread, that feels more appropriate.
- RCX 3in lift, RC Tracbar, RC Steering Stabilizer.
GoldenClassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #21
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

you dont need the detours backbone, turn your jcr non-winch bumper into a winch bumper like i did
207332_205646606127303_100000458964179_676573_7636339_n.jpg  
lilnapsak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #22
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnapsak View Post
you dont need the detours backbone, turn your jcr non-winch bumper into a winch bumper like i did
Nice do you have a write up for this? I like the longhorns and rasta diff cover.
Unread 07-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #23
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMeister View Post
Take advantage of their sales and youll come out ok. I love the front bumper i got from them, it was pretty much plug and play. I modded the rear, but all the mounting hole for the rear were off. Cant expect perfect.
Yes you can ... or pretty darn close. My Detours & Hanson bumpers were so well made they pretty much slid into place. My AJ's rails fit exactly how he said it would. The Hanson's left a small visible gap up front due to my Jeep being tweaked, but mounting was unaffected & flawless. Yes, some XJs are tweaked, but seriously ... ALL the mounting holes off? Unacceptable. I would never buy a JCR bumper because IMO the design doesn't run with the XJ body lines. Anyone can put mounts on a straight slab of steel. Takes skill, patience & craftsmanship to ad curves & ensure a perfect fit that complements the vehicle ... every time.

IMO
Red Jeep Club Member #425
"Mud is evil."
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #24
justanotherjpr

Check out Jake's build. He has a lot of say about JCR.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...apable-979162/
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #25
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrrl View Post
Yes you can ... or pretty darn close. My Detours & Hanson bumpers were so well made they pretty much slid into place. My AJ's rails fit exactly how he said it would. The Hanson's left a small visible gap up front due to my Jeep being tweaked, but mounting was unaffected & flawless. Yes, some XJs are tweaked, but seriously ... ALL the mounting holes off? Unacceptable. I would never buy a JCR bumper because IMO the design doesn't run with the XJ body lines. Anyone can put mounts on a straight slab of steel. Takes skill, patience & craftsmanship to ad curves & ensure a perfect fit that complements the vehicle ... every time.

IMO
Which is why I always tell people Hanson bumpers are worth every penny
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #26
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenClassic View Post
Nice do you have a write up for this? I like the longhorns and rasta diff cover.
thanks man . heres a little write up i did, im gonna redo it when i get some time to finish some little things

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/s...meber-1193851/
Unread 07-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #27
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I read Paraleyes thread. Im back to being confused. I think Im set on the rock sliders but with the bumpers, Paraleyes has alot of patience. I dont have the tools nor the skill to be able to do what that man is doing. Lots of respect. LOTS! I understand him saying they are the most durable and sturdy but if it doesnt fit or mount my jeep, whats the point!? I know its not everyones issue but Im pretty sure his thread has put JCR on the chopping block for me. I dont know if I want to "consume" their product if they dont treat you like a "customer".
Unread 07-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #28
justanotherjpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenClassic
I read Paraleyes thread. Im back to being confused. I think Im set on the rock sliders but with the bumpers, Paraleyes has alot of patience. I dont have the tools nor the skill to be able to do what that man is doing. Lots of respect. LOTS! I understand him saying they are the most durable and sturdy but if it doesnt fit or mount my jeep, whats the point!? I know its not everyones issue but Im pretty sure his thread has put JCR on the chopping block for me. I dont know if I want to "consume" their product if they dont treat you like a "customer".
If you buy their stuff after reading his thread, no complaining about it later.

Edit: just buy the stuff from AJ and be happy the first time while supporting a quality vendor.

Www.ajsoffroadarmor.com

I have Ajs sliders and bumpers and they are fantastic.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #29
Chelsea
The clocks ticking, pops.

1999 XJ Cherokee 

My bumper fit perfectly

2005 WK Limited, 5.7 hemi, QDii, aFe intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Taylor shorties, Diablosport tuned

1999 XJ Sport, trail rig, lots of goodies
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #30
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

search RIGID bumpers. Terry probably has the most well built, best looking bumpers out there. the mounting points on both are pretty overkill . not to mention hes an awesome guy to talk to

IMO AJ bumpers are ugly.. well all but the prerok winch bumper

Tags
bumpers , jcr offroad , jcr offroad bumpers , quality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.