JCR Products - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > JCR Products

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

JCR Products

Ive been looking around at their products and I havent heard anything good about them. Ive heard the mounting holes never line up. They come to you dirty and with crappy welds. I have heard they are made strong though.

I just wanted to know from a personal level, is it worth putting $1000 into JCR's bumpers and sliders?

Thanks

- RCX 3in lift, RC Tracbar, RC Steering Stabilizer.
GoldenClassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I got their quarter armor, it didn't seem to be bent enough to match the body lines. That and the bolt location seem poorly thought out, like the bolts under the filler neck, what pita to get to.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Dirty? It's bare metal or freight! Your worried about dirty? Haha
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJeep View Post
Dirty? It's bare metal or freight! Your worried about dirty? Haha
No, not as much as I am worried about the holes not matching up. I understand is bare metal. I just read a review on here about their products and how they werent exactly "pretty" when he got them in the mall lol.

If I do plan on going the JCR route, it will be stage 1 everything except for the sliders being the stage 3.
Unread 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
MCObray

Check into AJ's Armor.
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks. Their stuff is a little more expense but you get what you pay for right?

Btw Im new to the xj side of jeep. My family had a 2000 tj until maybe 2009 when we sold it But Im very happy to have a XJ as my first vehicle.
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
MagicNelson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I like my JCR Sliders. They have a good fit and they are solid as can be. The welds are awesome.
MagicNelson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have their rear quarter armor with taillights and it fit pretty good. Had to redrill a few holes, but only on the little covers that go over the taillight wiring.

I bought their 4 bolt steering box kit and that was a different story. Tried to use it with my existing bumper mounts and the holes didn't even line up with the stock mounting points. Ended up not even using the outer plate and couldn't figure out a way to get all 4 bolts to work with the YJ steering box. Big waste of money there since I only used the inner plate.

You can't expect the mounting holes on every XJ to be exactly the same since they are all at least 10 years old and who knows what has been done to them in that time. So people that complain a lot about that just have to know that some tweaking has to be done. In my case, the steering box holes can't move and are pretty precise, so I kinda got screwed IMO.
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
afbond03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ive never really seen any horrible customer reviews about JCR. I am sure that if you did have a major issue, they would take care of you. With the 20% sale they have going on right now, I would take the chance on their stuff.
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
AoA
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i love my JCR pre runner bumper, i've had nothing but good from them...
93' ZJ 4"of lift, 31's - Totaled
AoA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicNelson View Post
I like my JCR Sliders. They have a good fit and they are solid as can be. The welds are awesome.
which sliders did you buy from them? Im liking the stage 3's.
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe the only people that write reviews are the people trying to flame the company because you guys don't seem to have any issue with them. Thats good news for the wallet
Unread 07-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
MagicNelson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenClassic View Post
which sliders did you buy from them? Im liking the stage 3's.
I have their stage II sliders. I wouldn't hesitate to try any of their other products.
MagicNelson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
DerMeister
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Take advantage of their sales and youll come out ok. I love the front bumper i got from them, it was pretty much plug and play. I modded the rear, but all the mounting hole for the rear were off. Cant expect perfect.
DerMeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

my jcr stage 3 (with added hoop) showed up with a little surface rust but that was probably because it sat on my porch in the rain for about 12 hours when delivered, welds are amasing, my front tie in brackets holes didnt line up perfect and that was anoying.. but nothing i couldnt fix. i love the look and quality of it.. mine has saved my jeep from 2 vehicles running redlights/stopsigns at about 50 MPH and a deer who felt he he wanted to jump into my trail i was speed running some trails( yeah.. it was messy...) also hit trees and rocks while wheeling but none of the abuse i have put it through has done anything more than put more than a scratch in the paint

personally i dont like their rear bumpers, i dont feel they arent mounted strong enough to support a tough yank. if they offered a bumper for people who have done the rear cut and fold i might be interested though

IMO RIGID has the best looking, strongest, best customer service. im planning on going with one of his rear bumpers when i get some cash in my "Fun Account"
lilnapsak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bumpers , jcr offroad , jcr offroad bumpers , quality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.