JCR New Sliders - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > JCR New Sliders

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimy311 View Post
The calculation is, you won't be able to get the right torque on the bolt because the uniframe will be crushing.

We've been working on and playing with XJ's for 10 years. We have first hand experience with the uniframes crushing when bolted through without a sleeve.

The gains you think you are making by skipping "self tappers" is moot. The strength of the sliders comes from the winch seam mount.
If the strength comes from the pinch seam mount than mine would be stronger than the JCR mounts. The JCR only uses 5 bolts per side where mine have 7. Also my pinch weld is sandwiched between two peices of flat stock. As far as the unibody crushing without a sleeve, the backer plate is 4"x6" its not just a blot head and washer.

IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #32
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that
lol x2
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #33
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey JCR... I love your stuff... SO question ... whats the best way to run your ultimate sliders and a rough country long arm.... should I use a frame stiffener?
Unread 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #34
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Hey JCR... I love your stuff... SO question ... whats the best way to run your ultimate sliders and a rough country long arm.... should I use a frame stiffener?
If you plan to wheel your XJ at all....yes.
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #35
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
If you plan to wheel your XJ at all....yes.
So, what I really mean to say is ... Will the ultimate sliders work with say a rough stuff frame stiffener and the rough country long arm? Or will these things get in the way of the mounting of the slider?
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #36
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
So, what I really mean to say is ... Will the ultimate sliders work with say a rough stuff frame stiffener and the rough country long arm? Or will these things get in the way of the mounting of the slider?
Maybe if Rough Country made a frame stiffener. It all should work with frame stiffeners. Stiffeners add about an 1/8" of metal to your frame. It will be ok.
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #37
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

alright good to know .... Thanks brother
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #38
Jethro2797
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofy

Lol your a special kind of stupid aren't ya. Eventually they will collapse the uniframe. I haven't done my Xj yet but I completely cut out the rockers on my Zj and replaced them with 2x4 and 2x2 directly welded into the a b and c pillars. I have yet to have a single issue.
If you know what you're doing, no need to crush the frame. Spread out the pressure, no problem
Jethro2797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #39
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
The long arm shouldn't be an issue. Our front legs are in a location to avoid interference with the Long Arm lower mounting brackets are crossmembers.

If you add or have frame stiffeners, there is a drop down box that says "Frame Stiffeners?" that you would check "yes" for. Then some extra spacers come with the sliders to make everything work together.

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #40
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Quote:
The long arm shouldn't be an issue. Our front legs are in a location to avoid interference with the Long Arm lower mounting brackets are crossmembers.

If you add or have frame stiffeners, there is a drop down box that says "Frame Stiffeners?" that you would check "yes" for. Then some extra spacers come with the sliders to make everything work together.
Hey guy and JCR..

I have the JCR Stage 3 sliders and the RC Long Arms, I had to cut my front leg off the sliders and reweld it further towards the front of the Jeep to avoid the RC LA crossmember. FYI

EDIT: I don't have Ultimate Sliders, they appear that they would clear fine.
,(●)_),,,,,,(●)_)--o-)_) ,,, 2000 XJ - 4.5" w/ LA's & Locked on 32's
Metro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #41
Frameless
2001 XJ Cherokee 

They cleared my TNT lift. Highly recommend doing stiffeners before sliders.
Frameless is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.