JCR New Sliders - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > JCR New Sliders

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
All XJ sliders use self tappers...
He speaks the truth the legs on mine use self tappers to attach to the uniframe, And I had to drill 6 holes in the pinch seam for the bolts on that

Unread 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
X2, it doesn't take much to dent the factory rockers. I would not want to "skin" the rocker with heavier metal that will just push in on the first hit they take. Google those rockers and throw "Pirate 4x4" into the search. A guy on their didn't have good luck with them.
All his pictures have been deleted.
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #18
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

The guy that had issues with our Ultimate sliders welded them on. We believe that the integrity of the rockers were compromised from the heat. The XJ body panels are bonded together with epoxy from the factory.

We have not had any other issues with our Ultimate Sliders. Are they for everyone? No, probably not. Everything has it limits in the offroading game.

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimy311 View Post
The guy that had issues with our Ultimate sliders welded them on. We believe that the integrity of the rockers were compromised from the heat. The XJ body panels are bonded together with epoxy from the factory.

We have not had any other issues with our Ultimate Sliders. Are they for everyone? No, probably not. Everything has it limits in the offroading game.
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great idea for light wheelers and expedition rigs. They would definitely protect the rockers, just not the whole weight of the XJ. As far as JCR products go, I've got a few things from you guys and I have yet to be disappointed. I need to get some of your rear quarter guards.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My jcr rear panels were A+ super bad @ss., I was really happy. I'm going to order these sliders soon for sure, however I have read a few people having problems with them fitting, one person with a frame stiffener. I think there awesome for what I'm looking for, for now. ...

Oh and I think there only .120 Dom tubing ... That's the bad part.... But it's cool with me, but serious all out rock hard hit, they will bend maybe.

But I love them and you will see them on my rig soon.
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #21
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
All XJ sliders use self tappers...
theres no need to use self tappers!!! I built my own and used a long enough grade8 bolt through the frame. I have three "legs" and two bolts per leg. you can see the mounting plates here. On the back side i used a flat stock the same size as the outside than a lock washer and nut. The rear leg is bolted through the frame than one bolt going into the front spring hanger.
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #22
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIdiesel View Post
theres no need to use self tappers!!! I built my own and used a long enough grade8 bolt through the frame. I have three "legs" and two bolts per leg. you can see the mounting plates here. On the back side i used a flat stock the same size as the outside than a lock washer and nut. The rear leg is bolted through the frame than one bolt going into the front spring hanger.
I hope you plan on using a sleeve on the inside of the framerail so it does not crush
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If you really want hard core ... Just go with steel tube rocker replacement, like the genright.

I'm sure you can still put a pretty solid beating on the jcr ones, and like anything from jcr, you know it's going to be realllllly well made and their customer service is also just as good.

I can't wait to get these to be honest.
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #24
Frameless
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I've had my JCR sliders on for awhile now. They're pretty solid, I've had no issues
Frameless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

They are sexy!
Red82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #26
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I hope you plan on using a sleeve on the inside of the framerail so it does not crush
No need to sleeve it. The pressure from the tightened bolts is exerted over an area large enough that when properly torqued it wont cause a problem.
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #27
brimy311
Vendor

Quote:
No need to sleeve it. The pressure from the tightened bolts is exerted over an area large enough that when properly torqued it wont cause a problem.
Keep telling yourself that

Follow us on Twitter!
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Lol your a special kind of stupid aren't ya. Eventually they will collapse the uniframe. I haven't done my Xj yet but I completely cut out the rockers on my Zj and replaced them with 2x4 and 2x2 directly welded into the a b and c pillars. I have yet to have a single issue.

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #29
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I gues none of you have done the mechanical calculations on it have you...Iv had a very well respected and experienced Mechanical engineer do the calculations on it.
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #30
brimy311
Vendor

Quote:
I gues none of you have done the mechanical calculations on it have you...Iv had a very well respected and experienced Mechanical engineer do the calculations on it.
The calculation is, you won't be able to get the right torque on the bolt because the uniframe will be crushing.

We've been working on and playing with XJ's for 10 years. We have first hand experience with the uniframes crushing when bolted through without a sleeve.

The gains you think you are making by skipping "self tappers" is moot. The strength of the sliders comes from the winch seam mount.

Follow us on Twitter!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.