JCR Bumper Strength? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > JCR Bumper Strength?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepnbo View Post
i have crusaders front and rear basic bumpers.. had a couple good tugs from my back but not my front as i dont have the tie ins and didnt wanna take a chance. as long as you get the tie ins you should be good.. On a side note did Jcr prices go up? Was on the website and noticed there prices werent the same, whats with that? I had planned on buying one of the winch bumpers from them but since the prices have gone up i might have to go somewhere else
Yah i don't want to be a pain in the ***, but i noticed they now do that clever thing places do when they want to show what kind of great deal you're getting.
Example : List price (MSRP) - xxx

So, you guys ARE the manufacturer. Sorry, just seems kind of redundant.

Unread 03-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiKyle View Post
Yah i don't want to be a pain in the ***, but i noticed they now do that clever thing places do when they want to show what kind of great deal you're getting.
Example : List price (MSRP) - xxx

So, you guys ARE the manufacturer. Sorry, just seems kind of redundant.
Actually the reason we went to this pricing was because we started to set up shops as dealers of our product.

We are still the best pricing for the best quality. You find a comparable product (ie not built from boxed tube) and we will have better options, better pricing, better lead times and a better design.

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimy311 View Post
We have now been making Jeep XJ bumpers for 9 years now. We have always used the same rear bumper tie-in's. We have not had a single failure of our rear bumper and tie-in setup.

One word of caution, with the DIY line, the weak point is honestly the person's skills putting it together.
Good to know. And I agree with the skill of the person putting it together. I really like the idea of the DIY, Im learning more about metalwork as it goes along.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #19
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just wanted to chime in on the rear bumper d-ring issues. I just got my rear bumper in today, and have it welded waiting for first grinding. No issues, the d-rings fit perfect just like they did on the front DIY. everything is SUPER beefy. I pity the person who rear-ends me again.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
Irongrave
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i drug about half a mile of cable trying to get my rig up a hill last year in the snow just to get it turned around. bruned out the winch and broke the case. 0 issues with the JCR bumper bolts or tie ins. A friend of mine runs the older model of their rear tire carrier bumper and have never had an issue pulling from any of the 3 points. I've had two issues with JCR products both were taken care of in less then a week between shipping and such.
1997 TJ, Dad's Claytons 4:88s and stuff A TJ for Dad
1992 YJ crawler, getting 60s. Build thread the illusion of progress
North Jersey Jeep Club, AtoZ Fabrication, Rozzo Fabrication
Irongrave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #21
Ibnzmonkey
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
We build our product to be yanked on, winched on and handle the riggers of offroad use. You won't find a better product for a better price. We also offer a lifetime warranty on our products, find that with other companies!
This is good information indeed. When the $ allows, I will be jumping on FR/RR bumpers from you guys.
Ibnzmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #22
Y1ann188
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We build our product to be yanked on, winched on and handle the riggers of offroad use. You won't find a better product for a better price. We also offer a lifetime warranty on our products, find that with other companies!
Love yalls new TJ line( loved my old XJ bumpers and stage 2 sliders too), spose to be meeting the guy at my work this am to pickup my old bumpers and as soon as I deposit the cash in the bank ill be giving y'all a call, front stubby winch bumper with drings and rear bumper with drings and hitch and frame tie ins, have them ready to ship lol, my superwinch will be here tomorrow
'03 TJ 4.0L NV3550 D30/D44 4.5" RE LA 4.56s, TW DS/AA SYE 35" BFG KM2's Bilstien 5150s JCR Offroad Stubby Winch Front Bumper JCR Offroad Rear Bumper BTF Rock Sliders Warn XD9000i KC Lights Kilby Skids
XD9000i FOR SALE === $950 OBO
Y1ann188 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

If JCR's bumpers are built anything like their Gas tank Skid I just installed on my XJ it'll be damn near bombproof !

I was in the market for a winch bumper but went with Rigid Fabrication due to no shipping since I am local an they were $80 less. Otherwise I would have ordered threw JCR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.