IRO Cat-back exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > IRO Cat-back exhaust

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 11-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
rcabral
2000 XJ Cherokee 

IRO Cat-back exhaust

Hello,
The muffler on my 00 xj is completely rusted out from the cat back, and I'm looking to replace it. I was looking at Iron Rock's cat back system because the price seems reasonable. I want it to sound good, but not drone inside the cab. Does anyone have any experience with the baffled muffler of flo-pro one that it comes with? I'm kinda leaning towards the baffled but I'm not really sure. Could anyone else recommend anything else? I don't want terribly loud in the cab, but sounding good on the outside would be good.
Thanks!

rcabral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
sweryap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Believe it or not, my 24" cherry bomb fart can does a pretty good job. It sounds half decent and since it's pretty long it quiets it enough for my taste. Best part was the $23 price tag.
sweryap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
SSellers
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That appears to be the Heartthrob kit and the baffled muffler is most likely their HVS series. Now that I see they make one for the Cherokee I'm pretty pissed about getting the Dynomax kit because the HVS is a VERY GOOD sounding muffler once broken in. You'd need to verify that with them though. ****, wish I had looked around more....then again my Dynomax was like $80 after rebate. I can see myself getting one of those anyway at some point.
http://www.heartthrobexhaust.com/hea...smufflers.html
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...A1022060V.html

As far as the Flo-Pro you'd have to ask them which model they use because they make a few different ones that are standard designs suck as turbo muffler, Borla/Magnaflow style, Flowmaster knock off, glasspack, etc.
SSellers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #4
rcabral
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome, thanks guys. I think I'm gonna order iron rock's kit soon with the baffled muffler.
Unread 11-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
gubachoo

I used that kit on mine and it sounded great
gubachoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
rcabral
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Did you weld it on or clamp it? And it comes with an adapter to use it with the existing 2.25" pipe right?
Unread 11-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
gubachoo

i dont remember if it came with the clamp or not... sorry. it was in the spring. i clamped it. i always clamp exhausts since its always easier to get it apart again when you need to. have done many exhausts and have seen no advantage to welding besides the cleaner look.
gubachoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
rcabral
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks. I figured I would clamp it if I didn't like the way it sounded or something
Unread 12-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
Timbo269

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Im running the IRO catback..considering changing the muffler out sounds too much like a V6 firebird...but it does sound throaty/deep. Ive gotten compliments on it but its on the list of things to change
Timbo269 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.